cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: BT HUB keeps disconnecting

Go to solution

Hmm their test was done and said all was fine with my line. If my contract wasn't until 2021 I'd leave and just get virgin. Sadly it would cost a fortune to get out of the contract with bt.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

This is driving me mental! Whyyyy is this happening??😢

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Have you tried connecting to the test socket with a new filter and connect hub to filter and see if that helps stability

Do you have any extension sockets in your HOME?  if so check there is no dial tone when you are connected to test socket  you will need to use a filter otherwise hub will disconnect if you try to dial

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

It is still happening but weirdly this morning someone rang the landline and this seemed to cause the broadband to drop out a few times afterwards. Could that happen?

I have finally managed to attach the filter to the test socket so I'll see how that goes. I seem to have lost 10MBps on the speed by doing so though?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

it's more likely all the drops in connection have caused the drop in speed not the actual change to filter in test socket.  now to see if the change has stabilised your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Good morning.

So... Since connecting to the test socket I haven't noticed any drop outs. The speed has dropped but no disconnections.

What does this mean? Do I just need a new socket and is this an easy fix?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

if moving to test socket has helped stabilise your connection then your have a problem with the faceplate or your internal wiring or maybe even both

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

It looks like I have the first one. Number 1.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

so you are using a filter in the socket.  do you have extension sockets elsewhere in your home?  if any are in use are you using filters? you can replace the master socket yourself and cost probably £10 or less

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

There are no extension sockets that I can find. The previous occupant was with virgin so there are only virgin sockets upstairs.

There are certainly no bt sockets in use elsewhere in the house.

0 Ratings