cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT HUB keeps disconnzecting

See link about how to post an image in a message in the forum.

Forum Help - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

@gg30340  A M/S Word document is not an image. The OP needs to screenshot the Word doc and upload that.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

@pippincp wrote:

@imjolly  A Word doc isn't a photo.

Well aware of that but it was to post an image of the of the dslchecker results

obviously @gg30340 had same idea

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 27

Well here's half of the story. Let me know if you want the other half. 🙂

bt.jpg

And this is what the socket looks like with faceplate removed.

socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Thanks - just a hiccup. Many forums these days just allow you to attach a file hence why I put it in a doc. 🐵
Also when I eventually saved it as an image it was rejected as too big so I had to resize it.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

As you have extension connected have you tried using the test socket which is no visible with a filter and see if that helps your stability 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Sorry, don't understand. The faceplate just has 2 cables plugged in - hub on the left, phone on the right (a base-station) so I'm not sure how you determine there's an extension? There actually IS an extension socket in another room, but I'm interested to know how you can tell from the pic. 🙂 Where is the filter in this configuration please - is it within the faceplate?

BTW have switched off Smart Setup and restarted hub.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

There is extension wiring shown on the left.

Capture.JPG

The filter is actually in the front section you have removed.

You need a separate microfilter like this.

Capture.JPG

That needs to plug into the test socket, ant your phone an home hub plug into that.  That is described on my last picture.

Doing it that way, eliminated the possibility of a bad connection between the front and back sections. Leaving it like that for a few days, to see if you get the disconnections, will prove it.

Message 19 of 27

you can see the extension wires connected to the terminals inside the clear plastic on left of pic

the filter required is the one used probably with older adsl before filtered sockets were installed  may have got filter with initial package from BT

Message 20 of 27

Thanks both - now I understand. I may have one of these filters in my rainy day box - will have a look and get back in touch. 👍

0 Ratings