cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT HUB keeps disconnzecting

@pidgeonpost wrote:

Thanks both - now I understand. I may have one of these filters in my rainy day box - will have a look and get back in touch. 👍

The object of the exercise, is to prove whether it is a bad connection causing the random disconnects, You would not be the first to have this issue, and I suspect that are plenty of other users out there, with the same annoying issue.

Message 22 of 27

Unfortunately, having turned out my box of bits I don't have one of those old-style microfilters. So I'm stuck now. I vaguely remember going through a similar exercise some years ago under instruction from BT when we had problems, but we've had a couple of updated hubs since then - at least one other replacement master socket too - so maybe the microfilters got discarded, though that's not like me at all!

Any other clues please or is it back to BT now? They are taking my money after all.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

PM me your address and I'll send you a filter. I've half a dozen knocking around.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

That's a very kind gesture, thankyou!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

@pippincp wrote:

@gg30340  A M/S Word document is not an image. The OP needs to screenshot the Word doc and upload that.

I have been around for long enough to know what a Word document is and is not but thanks for your educational!

The link was to assist the OP to post an image instead of trying to use a Word document or screen shot a Word document which the OP has obviously now worked out.

Message 26 of 27

My fault for not checking first that I couldn't just attach a document - a bit odd these days. Also, the report covered more than one screen so not ideal for a screen grab. But we got there in the end. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Just thought I'd update this thread while waiting for the microfilter kindly donated.

The new hub has now been up a tad over 5 days with none of the drop-outs that I was seeing with the old hub. Early days yet perhaps, but a promising start.

I'm still having a problem with iPlayer buffering, this seemingly influenced by the use of one or both of our smartphones, as outlined in my first post. I haven't had time to look at this in detail, but it seems that if I switch my phone Wi-Fi off I don't get the buffering problem. This seems strange as the TV is connected to an Ethernet port on the hub via Amazon Fire Stick through Cisco netplug, so it's not fighting with the phones for Wi-Fi bandwidth. Any thoughts appreciated.

0 Ratings