cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PorkiousP
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 6 keeps dropping out.

Hi I have a Hub6 and since I renewed my contract it started dropping the internet wifi and cable, at first I thought it was just updates but it started 2 or three times a day now. Bt also told me when I reported the fault it would cost to send an engineer out if it was a fault in my wiring and they stated it was within the contract parameters that it could drop 2 or 3 time in 24 hrs. On my 4th call I got the engineer in India not the UK and he tested everything that they had tested in the other calls and came back and said the fault was outside my property and he would send me a Mini 4G hub. 3 am in the morn get an email from BT there will be a delay in the 4G hub delivery, they had run out of stock and it would be with me in another 48hrs. Eventually got 2 4G hubs first was not activated the second was activated, Reception good so far it only lost connection once. The fault is now 3 days over the estimated fix date and still not fixed, now the Hub is switching off not just loosing connection or rebooting but switching off  and when it is switchd on i now never get the blue light. I will be asking for a new hub when i call them soon.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

If the home hub is powering off, then its most likely faulty. Ask for a replacement.

Please update this forum thread with the outcome, so more help can be given.

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

just phone 151 and ask for a replacement hub as yours is faulty   does seem odd that hub goes faulty after renewing contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings