cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick1961
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT Hub 6 - Constant Green Light - Infinity

I've just had the 'green light of death' for the second time in a month. No internet connection, no wifi network & wired connections not working. The most irritating part is that it takes 4 hours to set up the router & everything connected to it. Doing this 3 times in 8 weeks is no joke.

2 "bricks" in a month is not good enough!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

I have moved your post to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

There are hardware build issues with the HH6 at the moment, which is possibly the reason for the large number of reported failures.

It may be worth considering an alternative router.

0 Ratings
Nick1961
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

After another frustrating call with BT they finally admitted there is a problem with the HH6 & there's now a 'B' version which should resolve the green light issues.

Why they don't give this information to support staff is a mystery to me. Resetting network adapters is hardly going to fix a 'bricked' router!

0 Ratings
ukhardy07
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Why does it take you 4 hours to setup?

When you get the new router, set the SSID and password to the same as the old device. Everything connects in as if nothing has changed. Time taken = 5 minutes.
0 Ratings
ukhardy07
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Also worth noting the green light is a known issue and I've had it myself! Luckily BT got a hub out to me next day... pain isn't it!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nduli
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Guys, I had same thing tonight. Been battling this for 10 weeks random switch offs, green light on, sometimes I can fix, seems to sort itself out most times but 3-4hrs as a minimum. Tonight I gave up and plugged my old 5 in and immediately got back on line. How did you complain to get a new hub?
0 Ratings
vicsetter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

not that BT suppport advised me when they told me to do a factory reset, is that you can backup your HH6 settings from the mangement hub to a file on your PC and recover them later or with a new hub, just a thought.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

@vicsetter wrote:

not that BT suppport advised me when they told me to do a factory reset, is that you can backup your HH6 settings from the mangement hub to a file on your PC and recover them later or with a new hub, just a thought.

That may not work if the saved configuration is not compatible with the new firmware.

0 Ratings