cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gezster
Message 1 of 9

Re: BT Infinity 2 installed but slow speeds

@MartynS1 wrote:

wow....just followed your instrucitions and now have d/l at 70.20Mbps u/l at 16.58. Thanks 🙂

What did you do?

I have BT infinity 2 and only get about 15Mb Down and 5 up for months

Regards

Gez

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gezster
Message 2 of 9

@MartynS1 wrote:

Had my BT Infinity Unlimited 2 package installed on the 21st of September, lured in by BTs promise of 69.7mbs download speed, but am still only getting 38 (sometimes less) according to http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/.

How long will it be before I see the (promised) speeds? Its been 10 days so the line should be settled in by now!

Yeah Similar situation after MANY frustrating calls to india I was told that I was out of contract apparently and would have to upgrade to a Hub 5 to acheive speeds closer to what I was sold 18 months ago, crooks!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

@gezster wrote:

Yeah Similar situation after MANY frustrating calls to india I was told that I was out of contract apparently and would have to upgrade to a Hub 5 to acheive speeds closer to what I was sold 18 months ago, crooks!!

What a load of rubbish. If your speeds are poor now they will be just as poor with the Homehub 5.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

EDIT: The thread you posted on was marked as solved so I've moved you on to your thread so that you get answers relevant to you.

0 Ratings
gezster
Message 4 of 9

First world marketing and third world service

I ordered BT infinity 2 broadband 18 months ago with promises of "up to 76Mb" broadband

However after getting close to 40Mb when the contract started, my service became intermittent and slowly the speed decreased to my current connection speed of around 15Mb Down and 5Mb up.

After possibly 10-15 seperate calls over the months to their outsourced (and quite frankly under resourced) Indian support team , hours of which time I was bounced around departments given inconsistent and contradictory information and ultimatley given no ACTUAL help.

It seems they have very little power to action any real changes to your current service apart from providing a ticket support system that is ultimatley ineffectual. I don't blame them, they are polite and curtious but ultimatley cheap labour for BT and answer the phone, practice their english and get to read from a predetermined set of on screen replies.

So I decided to post on the forums in the hope that this message will get through the outsourced firewall and to the people responsible for providing this solution in the first place.

So If i'm to beleive one person at the support end, my broadband speed has been "tuned down" to a speed where my line is stable enough not to continually fault. This generally i'm told, why most peoples broadband always starts off great and within a couple of months becomes sluggish. Which makes alot of sense really as continually faulting internet causes a huge strain on BT resouces infrastructure and well they haven't actually promised any gauranteed speed only a projected one, however they'll charge you the same money if your getting 70Mb or 12Mb NICE!

Anyway this rather paranoid and cynical view of their service has since been denied by anyone I speak to in India as "simply not true" so I can't actually get anyone to "Tune up" my speed now as that is not actually happening, aaarrrggh.

I have an open ticket and a promise of another frustratingly hair-pulling call from India, trying to get me to upgrade.

As I am actually "out of contract" with BT (i was not informed) I guess they are under no legal obligation from Ofcom to provide me with any service atall, however they still provide me with a service and send me bills. Some say i'm on a "rolling contract" does that mean **bleep** service!

I was actually advised that if I wish to get a faster broadband speed I should cancel my current account sign up again as a new customer in my wifes name, get a new telephone number and I would recieve a sparkley new BT Hub 5, which would no doubt completeley solve the speed issues.

I don't think I can face another 2 hrs of what is a similar to haggling for a taxi fare in Goa

I might have to either accept the current speed or jump ship, cause there's plenty more new customers

out there, I just won't be one.

Frustrated

West Sussex

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Re: First world marketing and third world service

post the information requested by gg30340 in your other post and then see if forum members or failing that the forum mods can help you  at present you have not posted any stats to illustrate your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Re: First world marketing and third world service

I have merged your posts  so that they are together which saves confusion and posting the same answer on multiple threads.

0 Ratings
gezster
Message 7 of 9

@gg30340 wrote:

@gezster wrote:

What a load of rubbish. If your speeds are poor now they will be just as poor with the Homehub 5.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

EDIT: The thread you posted on was marked as solved so I've moved you on to your thread so that you get answers relevant to you.

BT Speed Test.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

now need to post your stats from the hh5 go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

from your estimate you max speed is 46mb so I would not pay the extra for inifinity 2 for potential 6mb and from your posts not attainable - just throwing money away

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9
Moved:

0 Ratings