Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siwhite
Contributor
Message 1 of 32

Re: BT Infinity 2 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

Go to solution

I'm glad you posted this.  I'm having the same problem.

Minimum guaranteed speed of 78Mbps (which has never been achieved) and an actual speed of 35Mbps.  Anyway - thanks to your post and, more specifically, the screen shot of the BT Wholesale speed test site (of which I was unaware) I ran a test and confirmed my suspicion that BT have actually capped the speed of my line as evidenced in the screen shot:

2018-05-04_17-47-14.png

BT are sending an engineer on Tuesday.  But I'm sure this can be resolved without a visit.

Incidentally, I happen to know that, despite the minimum speed guarantee of 78Mbps, the best I can get here is ~50Mbps due to some strange routing between cabinets.  My house is about 250 metres from the exchange  and used to have an exchange only line. A new cabinet, which is ~50 metres from the exchange was installed last July but for some reason it routes to other cabinets rather than going directly making the circuit length much longer than it otherwise would have been.

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Go to solution

I moved your post to start your own thread to avoid hijacking originators thread and getting replies mixed up/confused

post the stats from your router and also the results of the dslchecker

the speed is up to an minimum will be less than that with an even lower handback speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
siwhite
Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

2018-05-04_18-32-46.png

0 Ratings
siwhite
Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

2018-05-04_18-36-50.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

can you enetre phone number and post results  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

have you been having connection problems or have you been resetting the router to try and improve your conenctions speed - your connection time is only 11 hrs?  I think you are ina banded profile hence why only 35mb connection and noise margin far higher than normal 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
siwhite
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

2018-05-04_18-43-02.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves attainable speed as banding will keep speed at 35mb - even if you have a filtered master socket

try quiet line   dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

0 Ratings
siwhite
Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

I'd been using a Netgear D7000.  Reverted to HH6 last night.  Had to reboot this morning to get a connection (which is primarily why I stopped using it in the first place).  Connection had been solid at 49,999Kbps for months and then went down to 34,999Kbps (this is all according the the stats from the D7000).

It's running the test vis the BT Wholesale site that has prompted the post.  It clearly says that my line has an IP profile set at 32.41Mbps and I'm getting a bit fed up with it to be honest. BT "guaranteed" 78Mbps on a line which is only capable of delivering 50Mbps and now they've capped me at an even lower speed.

I'm not seeing a corresponding reduction in my bill.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Just because your connection is low due to resets and is in a banded profile will not get you a reduction in cost

your profile is set by your connection speed not the other way round so to get a higher profile you need a higher connection speed and at present that is not going to happen as in a banded profile

with your estimated range I would be surprised if BT guaranteed a connection speed of 78mb

0 Ratings
radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

We seem to be in similar positions but you've got BT on board - how did you contact BT to get this sorted please? I'm really getting fed up with lower speeds, hence why I came on the forum for advice.

0 Ratings