Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Infinity 2 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

Go to solution

Thanks again @DanielS

I'll keep a weather eye on it post-Tuesday then and let you know how things are on your return from leave.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks @siwhite, I appreciate it.

I'll check in with you when I return but if you need anything in the meantime please shout out here.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS.  Just thought I give you a status update...

An Engineer did appear on Tuesday.  NFF with my installation. So, schedule Openreach for today.

Openreach engineer says there's a fault with a segment of cable somewhere between here and the exchange.  An order has been raised to get it fixed.

That's about it so far. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks @siwhite,

I've checked their notes and I can see that the engineer has asked that a survey is done. I should hopefully have an update by Thursday. I'll call them again and ask for an update for you if they haven't already let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution
Thanks Daniel. Appointment arranged for Friday morning via John 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution
Apologies please ignore the above, wrong thread.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Thanks @siwhite,

I've checked their notes and I can see that the engineer has asked that a survey is done. I should hopefully have an update by Thursday. I'll call them again and ask for an update for you if they haven't already let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

Thanks, @DanielS.  I hope you had a good break.

Radio silence so far.  I'll let you know if I hear anything but I suspect you'll hear something before I do.

All the best

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Thanks @siwhite,

Thanks

DanielS

Hi @DanielS.  No change here.  Have you heard anything?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @siwhite,

I've been speaking with Openreach about it. The engineer stated that they asked to get an A55 raised via a pat fault. This basically means that they know there is a fault and they've asked that a survey is completed for it.

A55: Report submitted for permission to do work i.e a dig/traffic lights.
PAT fault: Non service affecting fault raised by Openreach for network upgrade.

They stated the survey was needed as there are 50m of underground cable to be replaced. They also stated that there are earth faults in length including all spares. They have since closed this fault down but I've been told that the survey is still being requested. I'm back and forth with Openreach at the moment trying to find out the next steps. As soon as I hear anything I will let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @siwhite,

I've been speaking with Openreach about it. The engineer stated that they asked to get an A55 raised via a pat fault. This basically means that they know there is a fault and they've asked that a survey is completed for it.

A55: Report submitted for permission to do work i.e a dig/traffic lights.
PAT fault: Non service affecting fault raised by Openreach for network upgrade.

They stated the survey was needed as there are 50m of underground cable to be replaced. They also stated that there are earth faults in length including all spares. They have since closed this fault down but I've been told that the survey is still being requested. I'm back and forth with Openreach at the moment trying to find out the next steps. As soon as I hear anything I will let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

Many thanks @DanielS much appreciated 

0 Ratings