Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mswin341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: BT Infinity problems

Just moved over to BT mobile fromm WE
yesterday my broadband kept dropping out. I was downloading a sat navigation app, because of the broadband problem, all my data was used up on my mobile, plus another £5 worth. BT refused to help, they would not even let me top up my data and said I will have to wait until my monthly contract expires
very disappointed, wish I had stuck with EE
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Could you please post your broadband problems on the appropriate forum.

Thanks

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

@rarmitage124 wrote:
Could you please post your broadband problems on the appropriate forum.

Thanks

I read post is it not about mobile and lack of data

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

With all due respect, if you knowingly downloaded satnav material (which can easily reach 2GB or more) you were asking for trouble, irrespective of the broadband issue. I can't see BT going out of their way to help with that, nor would any other provider.

If you need help with the BB issue you'd do better to post info on the appropriate board.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mswin341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Can't understand your comment. Why would you not want do download sat navigation app on your mobile. Mobile was set to download on wife only, but still cut into data
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If I understand your problem correctly you are saying you were using your phone to download  via wireless on your homehub but because the wireless signal dropped out your phone switched to using 3g. As a result of this your 3g data limit has been exceeded. 

If you had your phone only set to download on wireless it would appear to be a problem with your phone for either not stopping the data download when the wireless signal stopped or for reconnecting via 3g. It could be however that the phone is designed to do the switching once a download has started so that any important downloads are not interrupted and the data lost. 

The problem you will have is determining if it is meant to do that or not.

I don't think BT will be able to be held responsible for the wireless signal dropping out because they, along with all ISPs will not guarantee a wireless signal because of the variables involved that can interfere with the signal.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

gg has explained my point precisely. Your issue is down to the phone, its settings, or how you've operated it. It's a good idea to keep Mobile Data switched off until you need it, especially if you're doing anything heavy, just as it's a good idea to keep Roaming switched off when you're abroad.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings