cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Routing not updated - Im about to have a breakdown!

what you posted shows FTTC at the address but you have cut of the rest which would show available or waiting list.  if waiting list that would explain why FTTC not available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

In the info you chopped off, was there any mention of 'Waiting List' ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 17.42.34.png

Sorry it's taken ages to respond have been out helping another friend.  

This is what I see for my friends address, it does say waiting list at the end.  I have checked other properties on his street and they all also say Waiting List at the end.  However all of them are able to use a Fibre connection and if you use there details on the BT website for example it says they can have Fibre between 40 and 60Mbps.  

If it helps is postcode is S80 4JJ 

Thanks again for everyones help.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

If they already have fibre it's not a problem. It means the cabinet is full and there are no spare ports for any new customers. ADSL comes from the exchange rather than the cabinet.

Nothing to do with incorrect records and a you can do is keep checking for the checker to say available.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm a little confused as all his neighbours show the same as waiting list?  They also show connected to the same cabinet. However some of Fibre and if you enter any of their details into BT for example it shows they can have fibre.  Shouldn't they also have to wait until it says available?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

There are no spare ports in the cabinet, ergo it will show as waiting list for any address put in the checker. Anybody already having fibre is clearly not affected by the lack of ports. If you put a BT number that has fibre in the checker, it will recognise that the number already has fibre and the status is irrelevant.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Thanks again,

Just another question (which I can't get my head around).  

I've just put my friends details into the BT site and it says he can have between 3 - 7Mbps standard broadband.  I put his details into TT for example and they also say between 3-7Mbps.  Put his details into Vodafone and it says they can't supply a product.

If I put in his neighbours house number, eg Number 1 it says on BT they can have between 3-7Mbps.  You would assume this information is coming from the Openreach database?  However if I put number 1 into TT it says they can supply 66 - 73?  If I replicate this on Vodafone they also say number one can have 66-73Mbps?  Would you not think that TT would also suggest the same as BT and Vodafone should also say Number 1 can't have fibre?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

I have no idea how other companies offer services but I can assure you that until the checker indicates available rather than waiting list you are not going to get fibre broadband. There are simply no ports to provide it.

Message 19 of 19

The ports in the cabinets are not allocated to specific ISPs but are available to all ISPs hence if there is a waiting !just for FTTC then that applies to all ISPs. Probably find the ISP that says fibre connection will not be able to provide when an order is placed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.