cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 53

Re: Broadband connection keeps dropping!

Go to solution

Hi @dougcoull,

Thank you for posting back. I'm happy to hear that the service has been repaired Smiley Happy

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 42 of 53

Go to solution

Seemed to be going fine but dropped again this morning at 07:11 and came back up again at 07:27.

Crossing my fingers it was just a gltch.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 53

Go to solution
David I can’t find a link on your profile to message you etc?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 53

Go to solution
I am logged in too
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 53

Go to solution

@J12tse

The mod contact us link is available by invite only hence why you can't find it

you should start your own thread and post your problem and if the forum members cant help then the mods may get involved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 53

Go to solution

How did the engineer fix your problem? Did he say whether it was internal wiring, external wiring, router/hub, etc.?

I've been having the same problem ever since joining BT in July and it took them until 17th/18th October before they would send out an engineer. Have now had 3 engineer visits and a SmartHub 6 Type A instead of the Type B, but BB still dropping out although not as bad as it was. So, was wondering what they did to fix yours, maybe I have the same fault.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 47 of 53

Go to solution

I'd love to know too.  Although my contract is with Sky it is of course still BT Openreach providing the physical connection.  My broadband drops at least 5 times every day.  the wifi stills works and devices can still use the internal network and I can connect to the hub via wifi.  I do a reboot via the browser login and then after a few minutes boot up all is fine again.

I have had the router replaced by Sky but still doing it and also have tried a TP-Link router (AC1900) and still the same with that one.  When the BB drops the router still says Connected to Broadband but unable to browse or make any external connections from any device.  All the more concerning now as my daughter is now in her third-year degree course, finishing off from home and this damn BB is driving us all nuts.

So, keen to know what the engineer found 🙂  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 53

Go to solution

@NBW877

This is a BT Retail forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach  (Its not BT Openreach, its just Openreach)

I suggest that you take up your issue on the Sky User Forum, as its Sky that should be sorting out your issue.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 49 of 53

Go to solution

Wow.  I was just showing an interest in finding out what the issue was in case it may be something I could investigate for my issue.  Sorry for speaking out of turn.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 53

Go to solution

@NBW877 wrote:

Wow.  I was just showing an interest in finding out what the issue was in case it may be something I could investigate for my issue.  Sorry for speaking out of turn.

You may not actually hear the outcome on this forum, as you are posting on a solved thread, last update 12-01-2018, which is why I suggested that you need to take it up with your ISP.

0 Ratings