cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out constantly

My broadband started dropping out over 5 weeks ago , noticed the TV should stop working "no internet connection " then router would turn off , re start , then drop out constantly , 3 BT engineers have been out with numerous excuses,cutting cables , re connecting , even a new router was sent out to me  , even that is still dropping out , then this morning Saturday 11/9/21 the router completely turned itself off all together , they sent me a mini hub for the time being , but that like going back onto AOL service , so slow its making me cringe

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

It would be Openreach engineers , not BT, just for clarification, are you a BT customer ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

broadband dropping all the time

I have been having a major issue for the past 5 weeks with constant drop outs with my BT broadband , 3 engineers have been out , checked all internal sockets, cables, lines ,even a new BT router was sent out yet still drop outs , even the router turned itself off at one point , BT arranged another engineer to come out on 14/9/21 , but I cannot see what they are going to achieve , I still say the problem is external , but they will not listen

If anyone can make head nor tail of all this , please let me know 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

yes BT customer , sorry yes it was a Openreach engineer ,my bad
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

What type of service do you have , FTTP ( fibre to the premises ) or service delivered over a regular copper pair landline , basically do you have an ONT or master socket inside your home ?

If it’s FTTP what is the status of the lights on the ONT, if it’s a copper pair service , do you have a dialtone at the master socket , if so , dial 17070 , does it return the correct number , and taking the quiet line option , is the line free from noise  ?

Without knowing the type of service , it’s impossible to give any real help, FWIW, once it was probably safe to assume that people posting here were unlikely to be FTTP so advice offered on the basis of them being on a copper pair service ( ADSL/VDSL-FTTC) but these days it’s probably best to check….still more copper pair customers than FTTP customers , but (IMHO) worth checking first .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

service is via the copper line ,master socket inside my home , and I done the quiet line test , all ok , no noise 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I am copper line , master socket in my home , quiet line test done , no noise , lights on the ONT go from purple to orange , where it hangs on the orange for a long time , then goes to blue , and sometimes goes through this routine mutiple times within a few minutes
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

as you are using master socket to receive broadband you have FTTC and do not have an ONT - I presume you are referring to the BT hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I have a master socket with "master socket 5C on it with hub and phone line connected to it , openreach engineers have rewired this only last week , but to no avail 

0 Ratings