cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria3
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Cannot get fibre yet cabinet says open for orders

Hello... and my apologies for hijacking this thread, but I have the same problem.

Here's the result:

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 10--8 to 12Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 10Up to 18 to 12Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date16-07-2018  

There is no mention of VDSL... does that mean I'm conntected to a cabinet that doesn't yet have fibre? I recently sold a house next door and the new owners have managed to get Superfast Fibre. Speaking with the Openreach engineers when they were installing next door, they said that there was plenty of availability right outside of my house. If I'm connected to a cabinet that doesn't yet have fibre, can I request to be moved to the one outside my house, which has lots of availability? I've just bought a new 4K TV and would love to use is so any ideas on how I can get fibre would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Maria3
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

This is the result of the house which I have just sold next door:

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install ProcessADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Other Offerings     Availability Date 

WBC FTTPUp to 330Up to 50--Available2 Stage 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--5.5 to 12.5Available-- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 15.5 to 12.5Available-- 
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4.5 to 8Available-- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available-- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available-- 
VDSL Multicast------Available-- 
ADSL Multicast------Available-- 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

did you use your phone number in dslchecker?  did it show exchange and cab number

if next door got FTTP you could try phoning FTTP team and see what they say  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

According to that result you can't get FTTC. What a shame.

The good news is that you can get FTTP! Give the FTTP team a ring on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@pippincp wrote:

According to that result you can't get FTTC. What a shame.

The good news is that you can get FTTP! Give the FTTP team a ring on 0800 587 4787

Unless I have missed something it is the house that the OP has sold that can get FTTP. The OP's results are in the first post.

0 Ratings
Maria3
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for getting back to me. I double-checked the cabinets and both my house and the house I have just sold are on the same cabinet. The first results that I posted were from my home and the second lot of results posted are from the house next door that has Fibre. Really appreciate the contact numbers, can you please just re-confirm which one I should call?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

the numbers are the same 08005874787 - FTTP team

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

The numbers given in the above posts are both the same number. It is the Fibre to the Premises sales team.

0 Ratings
Maria3
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Many thanks... hopefully I can get something sorted. Appreciate your time.

0 Ratings