cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatty28uk
Message 1 of 4

Re: Connection dropping at regular 7 minute intervals

Seems this is an old issue, going by the dates on here, but I can assure you that this is still a problem for us, and has been for a good while.

After goodness knows how many maddening calls to Indian call centres that offer only the same inane drivel dressed up as advice each and every time, new cables, junction boxes, 3 routers and now our own router, countless visits from "engineers" who have little knowledge of what they are doing, and one nice chap who tried harder than most and even got the cable in the road dug up, this problem, still persists.

It makes me laugh to watch the TV adverts that offer super reliable BT Broadband at lightening fast speeds, at a discount too. I have to laugh otherwise I might cry. We are paying for an Infinity service, but have never received the promised speed or reliability. We have been informed that our line speed will never take Infinity speeds and the only way to stop this incessant 7 minute drop out is to have our speed dropped accordingly. Ok fair enough perhaps, but why do we still have to pay for something we cannot receive, and why after having the speed lowered, does some idiot then turn it back up again at a later date only for the drop out/calls to Indian call centres/inane advice/blah blah cycle to begin again? Is there no inter departmental communication. How ironic that would be. And is there no way to get our ludicrous billing reduced to match the line speed that does work for us?

Dennis

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

I moved your post from the adsl board as you are an infinity user and also thread was 5 yrs old

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the test socket with a new filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

is there anything here that could cause the problem  

interference causes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

If it's happening every 7 minutes I would be looking into the possibility of REIN
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 4 of 4

Hi @fatty28uk and welcome. 

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection but the symptoms you're describing would point to a REIN issue (spot on there @Webby).

Take a look at Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise (REIN) for help with identifying the possible cause and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings