cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Re: Delay on broadband after home move, contact with BT is increasingly frustrating

I am having exactly the same problems after moving home. I have been guaranteed 100% that it would be up and running after 5 working days. Then another 5 working days. Seems to be the standard response. 3 weeks later and me calling the customer service line every day and still no one can tell me when it will actually be connected. BT will also charge me the full cost of my contract (16 months left) to cancel and go with another provider so I am stuck even though they are not providing me with anything at the moment! seems ridiculous...

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Delay on broadband after home move, contact with BT is increasingly frustrating

I've moved your post to its own thread as the one you posted in is over a year old.

I've asked a mod to drop in and offer assistance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 19

Hi @RN

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting services at your new address.  3 weeks is a long time given the fact you were told that the services would be activated in 5 working days.  It's difficult to say exactly what the issue is without seeing the order.  Could you send me over the details and we'll get back to you?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Hi. They said the engineer would be out yesterday and 100pc guaranteed the service to be activated. He didn't turn up so now they say next week. The cause as always is systems issues. Is this a common way to treat customers? As there is no way out of the contract I guess BT can do whatever they want!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

did you take up mod offer of help and complete the form?  if you have then you have now contacted a BT employee and they will help but they reply in order forms received to ensure customers are treated equally so may be 2/3 days till mods contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

As they said it would 100pc be activated yesterday I didn't think I would need to. Will do so now but I have spoken to several BT employees and apparently have a case manager dealing with my complaint but they have never called me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 19

Have you moved into a brand new home on a new development ? , in a small number of cases, there is a delay providing service to new builds,  this could be a deveopler issue ( not providing the ground works in time , ducting, jointboxes etc),  or could be Openreach have not provided the 'network' to the development in time , or could be a combination of the two, but you would be having the same issue if you had ordered service from another provider , like Talk Talk , or Post Office....is it even possible that Openreach have been locked out of the site because the deveopler has a sweetheart deal with another network ?...( assuming of course that it's a new build property) ...
If your issues are not related to this, has this (older) property ever had service in the past ?
Although not an excuse for misleading information from a customer service rep, the way the regulator wants the industry managed ( when it comes to Openreach) is for you to speak to a 'CP' and for the 'CP' ( communications provider) to speak to Openreach , not allowing you to speak to OR directly, so always the possibility that you are not getting the full picture as to what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

The previous tenant had BT fibre and even left me their BT hub. They moved out 1 week before I moved in. I have been with BT for years and just renewed my contract for 18 months recently. They want the full amount of money on the contract to let me out so I can move to Virgin (and avoid openreach) and the last guy I spoke to said the only time he has ever seen someone let out of contract is when they died! The allure of discussing compensation once the problem is fixed keeps people waiting patiently but no phone line or internet for nearly 1 month when we work from home is now costing me as much as the remaining contract!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

@RN wrote:
The previous tenant had BT fibre and even left me their BT hub. They moved out 1 week before I moved in.

Its possible that the fibre cabinet is full, and you are on a waiting list? The connection that the last tenant had, would have been ceased and given to someone else. You will have to see what one of the moderators say.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 19

Hi @RN,

I am so sorry for the problems you've had. I can see that @RobbieMac  offered you our help but I can't find any ticket raised to us. If you would like our help please follow the advise Robbie gave you to contact us. Or, to get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you over the next couple of working days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings