cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewisd991
Beginner
Message 11 of 43

Re: Do I really have to wait 4 days for an engineer when my broadband is down?????

I can take a picture of what's plugged in, give me a second
0 Ratings
Lewisd991
Beginner
Message 12 of 43

Re: Do I really have to wait 4 days for an engineer when my broadband is down?????

https://youtu.be/sEbUU4Dq98s That's a video of what's connected, if that's helps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 43

@Lewisd991 wrote:
https://youtu.be/sEbUU4Dq98s That's a video of what's connected, if that's helps

That is wrong, you need to unplug the DSL lead going into the home hub, that is why its not working. You will be charged £130 if you have a visit, as the fault is yours.

Which home hub version is that?

You must have plugged that lead in by mistake.

0 Ratings
Lewisd991
Beginner
Message 14 of 43

The home hub version is 4, the bt guy years ago set it up like that... I've just removed the dsl cable from the hub and still the same flashing
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 43

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 43

@Lewisd991 wrote:
The home hub version is 4, the bt guy years ago set it up like that... I've just removed the dsl cable from the hub and still the same flashing

Reset the HH4 to factory default now. It should not have been plugged into the phone line, as its only an ADSL router.

Its also the top socket that should be connected to the Openrech modem.

I think they may have been pulled out, and someone has plugged the Openreach modem into the bottom instead of the top.

The bottom socket is filtered, and would give a very poor connection, so I am surprised that the Openrech modem connects at all.

0 Ratings
Lewisd991
Beginner
Message 17 of 43

How do I factory reset the home hub?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 43

@Lewisd991 wrote:
How do I factory reset the home hub?

First connect the Openreach modem to the top socket, as described in my last post. I think they have been swapped around by accident.

So

Top connection to the Openreach box.

No connection to the bottom socket, as that is for a phone only.

0 Ratings
Lewisd991
Beginner
Message 19 of 43

How do I factory reset it
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 43

Factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings