cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 35

Re: Downgrade to ADSL

After just over 3 days up time Hub reset itself this morning, mercifully it reconnected at previous rate for download, 36 meg upload was less than before. No obvious reason from the log.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 35

Here I go again, the usual quarterly reduction in speed, last one in September. On 16th December a TRO69 command re booted my HUB 5. The result an immediate downgrade in speed from around 40mb to 30-32 on download, sometimes a lot lower. Ping increased from 18 ms to 27. Since then my HUB has rebooted itself another 3 times, the most recent occurrence on 29th December. I firmly believe there is a fault in the CAB caused by a hardware/software update. On the last 3 occassions I have had this the most effective solution was the engineer resetting my port in the CAB, result instant and visible speed increase back to 40 Mbs.

Clearly nothing has been learnt from the previous experiences so I guess I have to go all through the loop again of fault reporting just to get the port reset in the CAB. My house wiring has been checked thoroughly and the last engineer said how well it had been done.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 35

can you post stats from your hub again please   there is no physical reset of a cab port which gave you a speed increase if was a DLM reset which can be activated remotely on engineer request

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 35

Will put stats up soon. If it was a DLM reset or whatever it did the trick..as per last time.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 35

Stats.jpg

Hope you can see it.... forgot how to transfer straight from HUB stats into an email, my photo was too big...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 35

to small

use photos 

Capture.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 35

Help | A-Z

home
settings
advancedsettings
troubleshooting

Help and Advice Helpdesk Event Log

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1534004531
3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 11/5/2018
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 22:36:15
6. Data Rate: 12108 / 35004
7. Maximum Data Rate: 12190 / 40796
8. Noise Margin: 6.1 / 6.0
9. Line Attenuation: 24.8 / 20.5
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 590.0 MB / 3.5 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-S95M
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: 8
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-S95M5GHZ
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: 36
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:d3:37:cf
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)t

at last

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 35

you had a reset just over a day ago and speed now at 35mb with attainable 40mb which is similar to previous stats you posted

did you try quiet line test  just because nothing has changed does not mean you cannot now have line noise or interference  dia 17070 option 2  should be silent apart from announcement and should be done with corded phone

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 35

Thanks for that. Just did a speed test which shows 32 on download , my IP profile is set at 33.88 which as I understand it means I will never get more than that, certainly not 38-40 which I was getting. Doesnt explain why the ping has suddenly gone from 18-27 ms, ie response time is longer. Why does a DLM reset cure the situation ? Why does my line not return to it's original state instead of being in a reduced state ? Something happened to my line and/or the CAB on 15/16th December which caused the current issue.

Will try a quiet line test as you suggest.

Are you able to request a DLM reset on my line please ?

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 35

DLM system is used to control the performance and stability of related lines, which in practice means that your speed may go up or down depending upon how stable / error prone DLM thinks the line is. Broadly speaking the DLM system on Openreach’s FTTC network works pretty well, although sometimes a connection’s profile may become stuck at a lower level or other problems can occur that might benefit from a profile reset.

please see the above article taken from ISP Review this year confirming a profile can get stuck at a lower level.

0 Ratings