cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 90

Re: Download speed has been reduced

So the nice Openreach engineer has been and couldn’t find anything wrong with outdoor infrastructure, can’t come inside due to COVID, but I’ve disconnected the Devolo PowerLAN and the speeds holding up, I think these things radiate stuff

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 90

You may find it’s the plug top power supply that could be radiating the interference, rather than the device itself. But sounds like you may have found the source of the problem that’s causing your poor broadband performance. Would be interesting to see if the hiss has also disappeared when doing the quiet line test. 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 90

I’ll try the quiet line test again 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 90

Back down to 20 thus morning even with Devolo disconnected, heading towards 18 again I guess.

It’s strange I had 43Mbs Download for years and in last 6 months it’s gone lower.

Not really sure what the next move should be, 5 Openreach engineers in a month so far 

Regards 

Ian

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 90

Back up to 36.6Mb so will wait to see how profile settles 

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 90

are these speed you keep quoting download speeds or connection speed?  if connection speeds then you router must be continually dropping connection and will end in a banded profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 90

Connection speeds from the routers web page, and yes it’s still dropping once or twice a day.

I’m at a loss to know what to do, the Openreach chap suggested a new home hub?

Im open to ideas, please 

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 90

I don’t know how the OR engineer tests the connection to your NTE without coming into the house. Perhaps others will comment.

But could it still be down to a dodgy faceplate or how it’s seated in the test socket?

Did you get round to doing the quiet line test in the test socket?

It might be frustrating doing what seems odd with a new NTE and all. But there is method in the madness. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 90

If you have the new style master socket then make sure the face place is clipped on securely as there are reports of problems solved because faceplate was loose

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 90

Hi

i will remove the faceplate and do Quiet Line and report back

ian 

0 Ratings