cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 90

Re: Download speed has been reduced

So still dropping at least once a day but holding at 34Mbs down, found my old adsl filter so might try test socket and no faceplate 

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 90

If dropping connection in faceplate then maybe try test socket before the drops impact on your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 73 of 90

Thanks, that’s my thoughts too

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 90

Hi

Im on the test socket with a filter, after it dropped overnight, now down to 30Mbs down, I did quiet line again and heard crackles but very rarely, not regularly, had to listen for ages to hear them 

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 90

So still at 30Mbs down, will it climb up if it’s stable?

How to Openreach find very infrequent line noise?

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 90

Intermittant line noise can be due to a high resistance joint. You can try clearing this yourself by ringing your number a couple of times, let it ring five or six times. The higher ring voltage can clear the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 90

Thanks

id forgotten how powerful the ring voltage can be, I remember the old ringing generators that chopped mains up at 17Hx 

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 90

So dropped again about 2 am, now down to 26Mbs on filter not faceplate, ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 90

Changed back to faceplate, it dropped an hour later but came back at 30Mbs down 

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 90

I take it that you’re still getting the occasional crackles on the line even after making some incoming calls as suggested by @pippincp 

In which case, unless others on here say otherwise , I’d report it as a faulty phone line “noisy line” as opposed to Broadband.

Only when you’ve got that noisy line fixed will broadband have a good chance of being stable.

If you can get hold of a corded phone to do the quiet line test that would help in listening for the crackles. The low dull hum of the cordless phone may be masking some of the noise.

0 Ratings