cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 90

Re: Download speed has been reduced

Eventually you might do it from the test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 90

Hopefully so 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 90

Did you run a quiet line test from the test socket that’s behind the faceplate?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 90

@pddcoNot yet even though asked to in post 2.  It's the first, most basic and easiest thing to check for most connection problems. But no, thread now on its 3rd page and still hasn't been done.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 90

Hi 

no I didn’t 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 90

I no longer have a wired phone and didn’t realise you wanted me to open up the Openreach socket
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 90

Don't know how else you can get to the test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 90

Yes, you’ll need to remove the faceplate to reveal the test socket. The test socket  is the same type of socket that you’ve plugged your phone / base unit in on the front. But plugging in to the test socket is making a direct connection to the cable coming into your home. So if the filter that’s built into the faceplate is faulty in some way (or indeed if you’ve got any wiring to the rest of the house) and introducing noise, the noise should disappear when you run the quite line test from the test socket. As the sages have said, if at all possible it’s best to test using a corded phone. Wireless ones will work but they have a little bit of background noise through to start with (a low pitched hum), which may mask other noises. So not ideal but better than nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 90

Hi

This master socket was only fitted a month ago, seems unlikely it’s faulty, but I can give it a go.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 90

As the master socket was only fitted a month ago, seems unlikely to be faulty, but I’ll give it a go.

thanks 

0 Ratings