cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dementor
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: Exchange Only lines in new development in Town Centre. Why?

Hi Webby, jumping in on this thread.

I'm also on an EO Line, postcode EX5 5DB connected to Newton St Cyres exchange. Are you able to see if any plans for a conversion for me?

They have done a EO line conversion for those futher away from the exchange (CAB 4) but not my Close, which is about 100m from the exchange.

What make things worse for me is I'm still stuck on an 8MB connection as the exchange isn't even ADSL2+.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Can't see anything.

Suggest contacting https://www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk

Their website shows you should be on cab4 so they may able to tell you more.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dementor
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I've been in contact with them, and yeah I know it shows Cab 4 but I'm not connected to it. In the next phase of connecting devon and somerset , I'm now falling under Gigaclear. But was hoping to remain with BT, although FTTP with Gigaclear is tempting!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

What did they say then? Nothing?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Dementor
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

They know the information about Cab 4 is wrong and that i'm not connected to it but now I have to wait for phase 2 and Gigaclear to announce their rollout plans., But like I said previously I would prefer to stay with BT for cost reasons but it will be hard to resist 50MB - 1GB connections when I'm only get 8MB.

I concerned that if I'm in a Gigaclear area that Openreach will no longer worry about an EO conversion for my Close.

0 Ratings
Auxilia
Message 6 of 6

Hello Dementor!

I actually live very close to you, as my postcode is the same as yours. Weird, isn't it! 

I've spoken to BT workers thst I've seen working around the area, and even they don't know if anything is going to happen. Hopefully this Gigaclear rollout will include us, as I'm getting sick and tired of the Internet speeds here.

0 Ratings