cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: FTTP Full Fibre 900 upload speed capped at around 50Mbps.

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

Hi there.  Had my Fibre 900 installed on Friday.  Download speeds are consistently in the 850-900 range, but I seem to be subject to the 50Mbps cap for uploads.  As this seems to have been fixed for other users, I was wondering what I needed to do to get someone to look at this for me?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @FamilleSmith, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. The upload cap should lift automatically within a few days of connection. Have you had the Smart Hub 2 connected continuously for 3 days yet? Post back and let me know as if it hasn't lifted automatically we can get it fixed for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply - it’s been continuously connected since Friday. That said Openreach had not closed the job until today, so perhaps I need to wait until the end of the week and report back?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @FamilleSmith, yes as the order not closed off until today has most likely been the cause. Please continue to monitor and if it hasn't updated the upload by the weekend let us know and we'll get it corrected for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

Thanks for your earlier messages. It has now been more than 72 hours but the upload cap still appears to be in place. I’m also unable to test the speed in either the BT app or MyBT online as both say they cannot see the hub, despite it working fine with blue lights etc. Speeds using either Google or Ookla are consistently showing 850+ down but always around but never over 50Mbps up. Grateful for further assistance!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @FamilleSmith, thanks for the update and sorry it has not automatically updated the upload. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to get the cap lifted for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

A massive thank you to John and Robbie who sorted everything for us and we are happy customers enjoying 900 down and 110 up!

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@FamilleSmith wrote:

A massive thank you to John and Robbie who sorted everything for us and we are happy customers enjoying 900 down and 110 up!

Awesome that's what I like to see - enjoy! 😁

0 Ratings