cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Re: Fibre broadband speed decreased

Hi,, I have seen similar issues and have spotted that my downstream sync speed has been set to 24.999 whereas I used to get 35M+ and my neighbour currently gets over 40M

Very interested in resolution details

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi @Willscott64 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed. 

Can you post stats from your hub and we'll take a look? If you have a Home Hub 5 go to http://192.168.1.254 then go to troubleshooting, helpdesk. If you have a Smart Hub its advanced settings then technical log information enter your phone number and post results. 
Also is there any line noise on the line?  You can check that by calling 17070 from your landline and choosing option 2 the call should be silent and its best tried with a corded phone if possible.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

enter you run phone number and post results. Remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

BT Broadband test.JPGBT Hub stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

BT Hub stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

See other reply, I renewed my contract in December and I think they have turned my speed down. I think they are now throttling me to 24.999Mbps. So my renewal has in fact turned out to be a downgrade....
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Have you had problems with your router dropping connection maybe oct/Nov and subsequently have had it fixed as line looks stable now

you are in a banded profile which is normally caused by unstable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I hadn't had any particular issues.  I was regularly getting 35Mbps and above but now it looks like they have reduced my maximum.  Mate down the road getting 41M.  We are both on BT FibreHalo2.  Called BT earlier and they are saying that I am getting what they promise......  Looks to me that they have reduced my throughput which is not something I would knowingly sign up for

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Your speed was at the same 24.99mb on 6 November so nothing to do with your contract renewal. This reduced speed is from an unstable connection dating back to at least November and probably earlier hence the banded profile 

your estimated speed range is 45/32mb according to dslchecker

Halo 1 or2 has no affect on your connection speed and are add ons to your broadband package

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

They have done nothing. As @imjolly  has stated it looks like the line has been unstable recently and DLM has taken action to stabalise the line.

Did you do the quiet line test? What was the result?

0 Ratings