cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Horrible ping spikes and packet loss

Hi Daniel,

I am so pleased to have finally found a solution to our problem that BT cannot fix through the normal channels - 2 Openreach and one Cube engineer visits.  We have the same ping problems as Taker44 on an FTTC connection since last summer, so gaming is impossible.  Would you be able to help directly (super stable connection) or is it another call to 151?

Many thanks.

Richard

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @rjlarder welcome to the forum and sorry you have a problem with ping. I've moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do. Please can you confirm you are connected via Ethernet to the BT Hub. Also would you post a Ping Plotter showing your connection when just gaming and another one for when you are gaming and streaming at the same time.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @JohnC2 Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I have the key laptops/desktop connected via ethernet to the BT hub.  No idea how to do a ping plot but using ping -t to google. about every 4 or 5 it jumps from 10ms to 100+ms.  Can you direct me how to do the plot?

Just had the third Openreach engineer here and same old stuff.  That was after 3 hours on the phone trying to find someone who knew about a super stable profile.  No-one had a clue.  It does exist as I checked with my friend who was BT marketing manager until end of last year.  BT were putting more people on this profile.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @rjlarder

You can download ping plotter from pingplotter.com.

If you can run two one with gaming and one with gaming and streaming at the same time we can investigate.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Gaming no Netflix streaming

Ping_gaming no Netflix.png

Gaming with netflix streaming

Ping_gaming with Netflix running.png

 Hope you can help!

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @rjlarder,

Thanks for doing that for us.

We'll have to go over everything with you to see what could be causing the differences.

I've sent you a private message with some info on how you can contact us.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings