cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: I think I'm connected to the wrong cabinet!

Go to solution

I am guessing this an old link as it doesn't go anywhere.

I'm currently getting 2mb from cabinet 16 in shinfield, and ironically there is a development 50m from the house which is getting fibre, and the greenbox is visible from my house BUT still nobody will connect up the area to anything decent.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution
The same rules still apply. You cannotbe asked to be served from another cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

This is the up to date link

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

"There is another cabinet nearby accepting orders, can I get Fibre broadband from there instead

No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another."

0 Ratings