Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Re: IP Profile Massively Dropped

Hi Paddy please could you have a look at my fault

I belive i need the VLM profile reset. I have had a stable ip profile of 70mb for over 4 months. due to a few issues and after changing to a new hub 5 my ip profile has dropped to 62MB. unfortunently my sam knows box had a fault and i had to change it otherwise i would be able to show you that backdated the line speed was stable for a lot longer. i seem to have problems communicating this to the helpdesk who tend to dismiss the issue rather than passing it to second line support.HUB STATS.PNG

samknows.PNG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

where is the contact button when i click on paddy profile then click the contact us button it just takes me to live chat

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Have you tried rebooting the HH5 ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

just re booted it this morning but its been sn ongoing issue for some time as you can see from the sam knows page YTD unfortunently due to a samknows box change out i cannot back date the data any futher showing it was stable at 70mbsamknows YTD.PNGrint

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Sorry, I'm not interested in the samknows box.

I see your SNRM is showing 6.8dB so that is probably where your missing sync has gone. It should be 6.0
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Moved to new thread to avoid confusion with OP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@Ansteyor wrote:

where is the contact button when i click on paddy profile then click the contact us button it just takes me to live chat

You will not see the contact us button, as you have not had a personal invite. You will only get that if forum members cannot help you, and you are referred to the moderators.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

The forum mods work by invitation only once they read your post they may contact you if they can help you 

The most likely reason  your speed has dropped is because of  a  noise /crosstalk  issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do  is leave the connection alone  for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again  it should start to rise again 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks ill leave it alone for 10 days and then report back on line stats. maybe its becuse i have power cycled it before giving it a full 10 days repeatedly since having a hub 4 and then subsiquently a hub 5 in the hope it would recover.

0 Ratings
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

would the DLM have caused a increase in signal to noise ratio or is that possibly indicating a line fault?
0 Ratings