Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosscoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Re: IP Profile reset - throttled due to faulty hub

Go to solution

I have the exact same problem after rebooting the smart home hub due to numerous conflicts. How did you get this resolved?

Thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Go to solution

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

I assume you are on normal broadband, and not fibre broadband, as you posted on the ADSL board?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

can you post stats from the hh6  advanced settings then technical log information

have you now solved the cause of your disconenctions?

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with ethernet connection    http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rosscoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for the help to try and resolve this!

I currently have my old openreach modem and home hub 4 connected. The HH6 is just useless! I tried factory resetting it, awful speeds and device drops outs all over. Googled it and on the BT forums saw lots of DHCP issues and people advising to replace, or go back to older home hub. I then suffered the 50% drop in connection speed on the HH6 after numerous reboots (hence why I posted here), so decided to go back to the old openreach modem and HH4. This has resolved the drop out issues (it's rock solid) but the half speeds still remain the same

I connected the old HH6 thinking it was that, but the speeds still remained the same (this is my desktop connected directly to the router via CAT 5 with NOTHING else connected) Still upload of 0.8ish, before it was 6-7. Download of 14MB, before it was 37 - 40.

Plugged the old Openreach MODEM in and HH4 as at least I get no device drop outs and still the same speeds

Help is greatly appreciated!!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

As long as your connection remains stable your speed will slowly return.

0 Ratings
rosscoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I will ensure it remains on. I did try talking to support, got ported to India and someone working from a script. They did not understand I was cabled in and tried to get me to split SSID! Utterly shocking

So I have to wait 10 days? IS there anyway of speeding this up?

My upload speed is 0.60 Mbps - it's painful! Can't use it

0 Ratings
rosscoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Over a week now, and the speeds ramin the exact same 😞 upload is so bad! I have no faith that the speed will return after the 10th day. More BT failings

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

LM can take a while to be forgiving. The problem we now have is that we cannot see the connection stats to advise further as they are held within the modem and not available via the HH4.

Have you checked for line noise as this will certainly affect your connection speed. 17070 option 2, the line should be silent. If not report a line issue on 151 NOT a broadband one.

0 Ratings
rosscoe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Is there nothing that can be done to speed the process up? All so vague

Also, if I test the line I will have to unplug the modem, so won't that reset back at the exchange again? So frustrating!!! Not even getting a mb up

The service from BT is shocking. I paid to have a second line put into the house not even a year ago, and you think it might be faulty.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Are you not able at all to try quiet line test? Are you not using a filtered master socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings