Ricardo67
Message 1 of 3

Re: Infinity 2 keeps dropping out, BT won't help, it's all my fault

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Ricardo67
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for an extremely helpful thread, we've been having exactly the same problem.

We have also done many of the tests mentioned in the thread and also received a new old-style hub (exactly the one we already had) to try to solve the problem.

In the last call (this morning), they agreed to send an engineer -- but said we would be levied a charge if it was our fault (!). They offered to send (yet) another hub (the smart hub?), but only if we signed on for them for 18 months. Understandably, I said we had no problems staying with them, but only if our connection did not keep dropping out all the time, so not sure about that.

But now I am starting to think the smart hub might solve the problem. If there is a grace period of a few weeks to check whether the new smart hub solves the problems or we have to find another provider (a pity, because I like the freedom of accessing BT-FON and have been with BT for 13 years), we will go for that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

If you conenction is dropping then I doubt the samrt hub is the solution more like noise on your line

can you post stats from your current hub please 

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you curently using test socket with filter to eliminate you internal wiring as causing a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings