cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Re: Infinity 2 speeds but not during the day/evening

I have the same issue, been in touch with BT support and they are not bothered. Just been upgraded last week and get very slow speeds (0.33mb) in the evenings and weekends. Day time is 76mb.

I explained everything to them but they say its my configuration of having two computers wired and 2 mobile wireless causing it to be slow. I cant believe they even said this.

I have said to send an engineer and even said I will pay for it, but they wont. They said all looks normal, even when my internet kept dropping out while chatting to them online. They dismissed this. Very dissapointed with BT.

I spoke to an engineer on the road near my house and asked if he was the one who upgraded me, he said yes he does the BT infinity in my area. I explained the situation and he said this will be something to do with exchange box, possible the port connection or an outside box might have got wet. He said an engineer from BT will have to sort this. Call BT and get an engineer. What sahll I do? They wont send an engineer.

I have even asked to be put back to my standard 10mb broadband. I work from home most of the time and my work is web development and SEO, I need constant access online.

Hope anyone can help get me an engineer!

Cheers

James 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

you need to contact 08001114567 and request an Openreach engineer visit
0 Ratings
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Unfortunately, I have already contacted that number and they wont send an engineer. The call centre is rubbish. I said I would pay for the engineer myself but unless THEY can see the issue/fault, they will not send the enginner, that what was I was told.

I was also told not to phone back until they phone me. I am not expecting a call to be honest.

They sent me a text and said to reply if the fault occured again, so I replied and got no response, that was last week.

Regards

James

0 Ratings
Scucca
Message 4 of 19

You're spot on James. Their call centre is rubbish! The only way to get anything done is to email BT's ceo then you might get a call from the 'serious complaints' department ... at least the are in the UK.

0 Ratings
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

bt.jpg

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

That speed is utterly ridiculous: 4mbps on a connection supposedly meant to run at 60mbps minimum. Clearly a massive congestion problem wherever you are connected, but make sure to post the same speedtest information at different points of the day. I don't really buy the claim that "something might have gotten wet" or you would either get no service, or the same speed all the time, not a severely degraded service at random points and perfect service at other points.

If the call center is not going to send you an engineer, then it's probably better if you just get mod help from the outset, although you would have to wait 3/5 days for a reply due to the many people who are needing mod help at the moment.

Can you post the results from the following link? Please make sure to remove your number when posting: http://dslchecker.bt.com

Also, if you can, check these links for any problems shown for your exchange:

0 Ratings
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Thanks for your reply. Here is the latest BT speed check. Will uodate you on the links you sent after this. bt.22.07.19.10.jpg

0 Ratings
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

dns.jpg

0 Ratings
jaimo693
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

I've checked those otther links you sent and all seems normal (no issues reported in my area).

There has been a fault since the upgrade. Dont think its been set up correctly. Infinity has only just come online in my area, I am one of the first customers.

Any help appriciated.

James 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi jainmo693,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings