cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1stfibre1991
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Infinity, just why did I bother!

I just had my infinity 2 installed yesterday expecting something close to my estimate of 70-80 but the engineer pointed out that they have connected me at 42

Scalled them up and explained they said leave it and it should automatically adjust if it is stable and the speed would be all over the place for the first couple of weeks well the speed has been hitting my ip profile limit consistently for 36 hours and the profile hasn't adjusted accordingly.

rang them up and asked them what is happening and whether the ip profile should go up as it would seem my line can handle more as it is rock solid on the cap but i cant seem to get any information out of them.

I suppose it is early days but i know a lot of people who recently got infinity 2 and they where connected at maximum speed first then adjusted which makes more sense to me, so i am starting to think mine won't change unless i satrt pestering them.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Your line is in its "Training Period". Your speeds will fluctuate during that period and eventually stabilise to a speed that should be near your estimate. This should happen in the first few days but BT say to give it ten days. If things aren't better after that post back for further advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
1stfibre1991
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the fast response.

You obviously have a lot of experience in this, is this sort of behaviour common?

And would You be confident that it will automatically adjust?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The checker now shows connection speed not download speed. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

The notes explain that download/throughput speeds will be less that connection speed shown

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
1stfibre1991
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

it says 63 - 80 which is around my estimate of 69 - 80 i do expect the speed to be less then the maximum i just wondering 

why they have me at 42 profile and im testing 41 everytime no matter what time hopefully it will go up but i always

thought they connected at a high speed then adjusted down if needed hope it does this in reverse and goes up if it can

0 Ratings