cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Infinity throughput issue

I’m having a similar problem also. My router shows in sync at 78mbps although speed test shows as 67-68mbps. Never had above 70. I’ve upgraded to complete WiFi with a new smart hub 2 but still getting the same. Changed cable etc moved hub around but still no difference in connection.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Aberdeen152 Thanks for posting, I hope you don't mind I've started your own thread to avoid any confusion with the OP's issue.  Can you post your router stats and we'll take a look?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi 

No issue at all. Here are my current router stats. Thanks0DE5A6DA-465F-4398-926F-B52DF38B1BF0.jpeg

0 Ratings
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

And this is result I get with a hardwired connection direct from router to laptop. This result is also the same as an Ookla over WiFi for both my iPhone and iPad. I’ve never had above 70mbps.. I’m unable to upload the full photo as it is above the 333kb limit but I’ve added the speed result as proof

thanks

AD261CA9-4871-4C7D-9F4D-5B34DEBE30E2.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

With a connection speed of 77mb your ip profile will be about 70mb to allow for overheads so download speed of 70mb would be very good

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with Ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

EDITED:

Apologies I didn’t realise you meant the BT wholesale speed test. I’ve now got the further diagnostic result which are as follows;

Download speed achieved during the test was - 68.24Mbps
For your connection the acceptable speed range of speed is 40Mbps-71.69Mbps
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is 71.69Mbps

Upstream test result show 11.87 but profile set to 20Mbps and has never been less than 19 on other speed tests.

Is there a reason my ip profile is set to 71 when router is showing 78mbps?

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Your profile of about 90% of connection is to allow fir overheads and applies to everyone  so your download speed is very good for your profile

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.