cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Infinity2 Unlimited - Still getting throttled

Hi David M I am also having the same problem can you help me??
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Infinity unlimited and still p2p slowed down

I had infinity at my old property and worked brilliantly!!

Moved last July and by fibre wasn't available at my new property so had to go to Virgin!! Worse broadband ever!!!

Finally after checking weekly for updates on when infinity would be available I got the "best" ISP in the uk.

But when I finally get everything connected and turn on really slow p2p.

I have phoned customer service on several occasions just to be told I'm not capped or slowed down but I am.

Please help me
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Infinity2 Unlimited - Still getting throttled

You need to post stats from your router - if hh5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. Must be done with wired connection

enter your phone number and post results. Delete phone https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Re: Infinity unlimited and still p2p slowed down

BT do not cap or throttle P2P.

The previous thread that you posted on was with regards to legacy users of BT broadband and did not affect new users such as your self.

Have you tried a Glasnost test to see if they are?

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

Can you give more details about what is happening when thing slow down. Is it a cretain times of the day, is it when you are using any particular site etc etc.

0 Ratings