cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Re: Infinity2 - intermittent dropping of internet connection on all devices while hub still connecte

We have the exact same problem for the last 6 months or so. Have spoken to BT on numerous occasions. They test the hub and the connection and say there is no problem. Have been told that BT do advertise that they can't guarantee connection to mobile devices. According to BT there is nothing more they can  do and we have to wait until contract ends April 2019 to move to another provider. 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Infinity2 - intermittent dropping of internet connection on all devices while hub still connecte

Can you post stats from your hub

if hh6 have you turned off smart setup?

have you split the networks?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Hi jmjolly,
Can you tell me where I can find "Smart setup" as I'm having exactly the same problems with BT constantly repeating that they can find nothing wrong. ALL these problems started 10days ago when I upgraded to Superfast Fibre & received the BTHub6. It's beyond a joke!! I've booked an engineer for 2 August, very resentfully as they'll undoubtedly charge me for it!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

split networks unless SH2   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Well BT Engineer called today at our request but doesn't deal with Hub problems, only wiring! My Superfast fibre speed was slower than both my neighbours copper connections. It seems that when electrician rewired house he also ignored request to leave phone lines alone! Eng. rewired my Alarm connection & removed unused phone points & speed has gone up to 25+Mbs. 

Phoned computer shop who remotely accessed my Desktop, updated 1 of 2 Drivers (Realtek PCle FE Family Controller which seems to have sorted Wireless connection but still very frequent drop off when on Ethernet!? Couldn't locate but suggested it's a hub setting somewhere so guess I'll have to telephone BT techies for help. Also 6month old BT wifi Extender 1200 has stopped connecting on both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz frequencies so this upgrade, although now faster, has had major side effects & £ costs. Not sure it was worth it all in all!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

it would help forum members help you if you posted hub stats - if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information - and also enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number    

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Not sure I even understood your reply let alone do it! Your link takes me broadband to available locally? Doesn't make any sense to me so I've taken a screenshot of my Networks & hope perhaps that helps. I could also, I think, post a copy of a "Network log" (with Ping tests etc) or something like that.???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Screenshots - Network Properties.jpg

0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Sorry but only half screenshot seems to have come out!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

if you use dslchecker link with phone number it will show what is available and speed range

hub stats are advanced setting then technical log information

0 Ratings