cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Infinity2 - intermittent dropping of internet connection on all devices while hub still connecte

Here's Broadband Availability Checker Result & Hub6 Tech Logs in 2 partsedit(1) 03.08.19.jpgBTHub6 Technical Log P1.jpgBTHub6 Tech Log P2.jpg

I'm using Wifi as Ethernet constantly drops off before I can complete tasks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Re: Infinity2 - intermittent dropping of internet connection on all devices while hub still connecte

Did you turn off smart setup and split the 2.4/5ghz networks?

your estimated speed range is 37/25mb and you have a 29mb connection speed. Unfortunately your cab is ECI so at present there is no boost from G.INP

its unusual for Ethernet to drop while wifi remains connected. Your stats show your have been connected for 29hrs 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

"..cab is ECl ...G.INP" is totally gobbledegook to me!

Yes, having found wifi ok after computer bof's input I've stuck with it for 29hrs but would prefer to be on ethernet!

I don't undrstand why, since getting thid hub, & trying another I can't stop this constant dropping off in my Desktop. It's clearly not the line but it only happened at this supposed upgrade!

0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Having received no further help I've tried hunting myself for the problem.

I've come across this list of "Administrative Event" list of "Errors" & "Warnings" associated with my Realtek PCle Controller Properties which all seem to be dated subsequent to my upgrade. I've no idea what they mean but suspect that these are something to do with my internet keep dropping off & then "Identifying..." for 10secs or so before reconnecting. Have any of you out there any idea what this lot does or can tell whether I have a setting wrong?

I have also noted that on 26 July (long after dropping-off started but poss. related) a "Realtek Semiconductor Corp - MTD - 9/30/2016 12.00.00AM - 10.0.14393.21292" Driver Update "Failed to Install - 0x80244007"! Again I've not the foggiest idea what this relates to but could it also be a clue?3900 Errors & Warnings in Administrative Events since 20 July 2019.pngAdministrative Event log

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

if you have tried a few different hubs and keep getting the same problem it suggest it is not a hub problem but more likely the pc.  have you tried a new ethernet cable?  have you checked the driver for your network card is up to date from manufacturer and not just rely on windows update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
neilorchard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Yes, I realise it's not the hub but my Desktop! That said I don't know how to find what's wrong. It could well be a driver but I don't know how to establish which one. Trial & error I guess but I'm far from a techie so it could take weeks.

I've tried another hub & 3 different ethernet cables.

0 Ratings