cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Mark76
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Latency jittering (ranging from 20 to 300+ ms), packet loss/choke. Online games unplayable.

My advice to you is if you've only been with BT for a couple of days, then get rid and go with someone else, you can cancel the contract within first 30 days, bite the bullet and do it!!
I'm on bt infinity 1, promised to always receive higher then 30mbs, at the minute I'm getting 0.8-1.7, and apparently there's no fault anywhere. They will tell you to put the hub in the centre of the room as if it's a jar of flowers with no wires. Just take the loss of a little cash on the chin and go with someone else.
Keep an eye on your bill also, they may have told you BT sports is free😏
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Latency jittering (ranging from 20 to 300+ ms), packet loss/choke. Online games unplayable.

@Mark76

can you please start your own post then  we can start to help you this poster has no connection problems as the traceroutes show and it is no reason for cancellation which if in a new contract will be  expensive typically  a years contract price 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

New thread created for @Mark76

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Noise on the line can cause your problem.

0 Ratings
Mark76
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

@john46

30day cooling off period says you can cancel contract free of charge, or is that another lie?
0 Ratings
Mark76
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

@Keith

It's telling me that my number is not a BT number, it is and has been for almost 15yrs
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 12

Post in your own thread  that Keith created for you and you may get assistance.

This is a customer to customer support forym.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Mark76 wrote:
@Keith

It's telling me that my number is not a BT number, it is and has been for almost 15yrs

Which BT home hub do you have?

What announcement do you get when you dial 150?

Did you move your service from another provider 15 years ago?

Who do you pay your line rental and call charges to?

0 Ratings
Mark76
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

HH5

When I dial 150 I get a guy telling me that neither BT nor any other ISP will ever confirm what a wifi speed is, they only tell you your wired speed, this was not what I was told when I took out the contract.

Changed provider 15yrs ago? Re read that please, I said I've been with BT (telephone line) for 15 yrs.

Line rental and call charges are paid to BT, that's why I'm on a BT complaints forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

this is a customer to customer self help forum not a complaints forum what you have been told is correct NO ISP will guarantee wireless speeds as they are subject too many external sources of interference only wired speedtest are acceptable
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

if you please post the information asked for we can then start to help you
0 Ratings