cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 3 of 15

Re: Moving house - different number to that provided.

@Pipefish thanks for posting.  It's not unusual for the number to change after the order being placed before the line activated and we normally advise not to give the number out until you've a working line for this very reason.  If you want to double check this though I would recommend that you get in touch with our Order chat team and they will be able to clarify that for you.

Was the speed test you carried out via a wired or wireless connection?

If you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager http://bthomehub.home and choose trouble shooting then helpdesk and post the lines 1-12.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Moving house - different number to that provided.

Hi,

My fiancee and I recently moved house - we moved our account over, requesting the same package we had at the old place.

(Phone weekend and evening calls inclusive and infinity unlimited and as fast as is available - Option 2?)

We recieved a letter stating that our new phone number would be 02380 XXXXXX.

Took our old hub5 with us and requested they don't send a new one as it would be a waste, we'll just plug it in.

All OK, then when activation date comes I phone the phone and get a number not recognised error. I phone my mobile from the house phone and it's a different number to the one provided. Now this is fine - it's a new number, we haven't given it to anyone yet and we rarely use the landline anyway, but I'm suspicious and I want to check that everything is OK and we haven't been set up with some kind of crossed account.

I've also noticed that when we do a speed test on the broadband it shoots up to 50meg then stops there, never any variation - almost as if it's capped at 50. Again, if that's just the speed that's available here then that's fine - it's faster than we had at the old place. But I'd like to check, as we were told 55 - 75meg when we ordered and the person who lived here before us had BT broadband so you'd think it would be accurate.

Upon phoning customer services I got an overseas call centre, who predictably, had no idea what I was talking about...

I recieved really good help, was put in touch with some UK people who knew what they were doing and had my problem solved really quickly by posting here when I had a problem with my mobile account - so I'm posting in the hope it'll be sorted/checked out quickly here again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

When was the activation date?

Its not unusual for someone to be initially allocated a "stopped" line, until the final number is allocated, usually within a day.

If you login to MyBT, you should be able to check the number that is allocated against your line.

0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

The account is in my finacee's name, I just logged into my MyBT that I have for my mobile account and managed to add the account to mine - even though it's in my name (She's OK with it) - hopefully that won't cause any problems.

The numbers do match up and the package is correct. The speed thing is a bit odd, I would have thought the estimate would be very accurate as the previous owner had BT Broadband - the house is only 2 and half years old so the wiring, at least to the telegraph pole/box in the street should be new. Tried the speedtest wired and wireless with the same result.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@Pipefish That should cause no problems at all.  

Can you post the information I asked for in the hub manager and also do a wired speed test by connecting a PC or laptop to the hub via an ethernet cable?

Use this site to run the test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ please ensure to choose further diagnostics and post the results? 

I've moved your post to the BT Infinity boards as this is the best place to get help with speed issues.

0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 45.44 Mbps

0 Mbps52.2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 45.44 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 36.54 Mbps-52.2 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 52.2 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 13.41 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.41Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ41249376
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:07:24
6. Data rate:17815 / 53928
7. Maximum data rate:17892 / 53803
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.6
9. Line attenuation:17.6 / 16.9
10. Signal attenuation:17.4 / 16.9
11. Data sent/received:48.8 MB / 361.9 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Pipefish wrote:The speed thing is a bit odd, I would have thought the estimate would be very accurate as the previous owner had BT Broadband -

The estimate is still an estimate. BT have no accurate records of speeds for individual properties.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@Pipefish those stats look ok? What results do you get if you enter your number here speed checker ensure to remove your number when you post the results.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings