cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walneyite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Re: New infinity 2 install speed advice

Is it normal to get 50Mbps as a download in the morning (7:40am) then 12 hours later be down to 2.5Mbps??? I was installed yesterday but it seems to be fast in the mornings and then drop like a stone in the afternoon

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Hi Walneyite,

I moved you to your on thread so that any answers you get are relevant to your problem rather than being on somebody else's post which can cause confusion.

0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Sounds like congestion to me, I could be wrong, some line tests would be helpful.

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
Walneyite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

I've run a connection test and results are attached.... If it is Congestion on the line can I move back to my old provider, I got a fast speed with them regardless of the time of day. Maybe I'm expecting to much but a sync of 76Mbps/20Mbps leads me to believe I would get a better up and download connection than I am...

Can't say I'm impressed that BT thinks it's good when I should be getting a lot better on the download side of things

BT.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Congestion should not drop your speed as much as that. You line is still in the 10 day training phase and your speeds will fluctuate during that time but not by as much as you say they are. In my opinion there is clearly a fault somewhere. I suggest that you report a fault to BT and request that they send an engineer out to check what the problem is.

The Customer Service desk will no doubt take you through their check list and ask you carry out various tests and advise you about doing nothing for the ten days but you should keep insisting that there is a fault and that you want it investigated.

0 Ratings
Walneyite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

You have to do the speed tests on a wired connection.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Turn off "Smart Set up" on the homehub. This can cause problems with Apple devices.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/c/

0 Ratings
Walneyite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Smart Setup is now off and attached is the BTW Speedtest

btw.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

was that test carried out with a wired (ethernet connection)
0 Ratings
Walneyite
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Yes is was via a wired connection direct into the HH5
0 Ratings