cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rorz112
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Re: New infinity 2 install speed advice

I'm glad it worked out for you. Maybe it just needed time. I haven't seen anywhere near 70s yet, max 38. Seems to be capped there. It's only been 30 hrs since I installed infinity 2 so I dunno if that's normal, but I would've guessed that they start me on 70 and let DLM tune it from there, not all the way from 38! Not sure if I should try resetting the hub.. Or do all Infinity 2 users start out at 38 in the beginning? Mm
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

@rorz112 wrote:

Hi rockh. I recently installed Infinity 2 as well. I was wondering, did you have 70+ mbps downrate from the first day of installation? Because mine has been achieving a max download rate of 38 mbps which is technically Inifinity 1. Was yours 38 mbps when you first installed and then it switched to 76? Thanks.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics test. Check your IP profile for up and down. If you are on Infinty 2 your up IP profile should be 20Mbps. If on Infinity 1 it will be 10Mbps.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

What was your estimated speeds when you ordered Infinity?

rorz112
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Hi,

I was about to start a new thread with the results that you asked for, but I will post them here since you asked. Here they are:

Estimate before application

Capture2.PNG

Estimate in e-mail after applying

Capture.PNG

BT Wholesale

Capture4.PNG

IP Profile

Capture5.PNG

Availability check (Address lookup)

Capture8.PNG

Availability check (Phone number)

Capture7.PNG

Modem details

Capture6.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture9.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

I have moved you onto your own thread so that answers are relevant to you.

You are on Infinity 2 as can be seen by your up IP profile of 20Mbps.

Obviously you are not within your estimate and your down IP profile is low.

Because you are still within the 10 day training period your speeds will fluctuate up and down and should eventually level out.

It could be that you have a fault on the line and DLM has lowered the speeds to a stable speed in order to maintain a connection.  

BT will not investigate any problems until the 10 day period is over so all you can do is keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve post  back for further help.

rorz112
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Thanks for your answer. To be honest, my connection isn't fluctuating at all, its completely stable at 37 mbps. It doesn't seem like much of a training period as it leveled out within a few hours of installation.

My question is, as a BT Infinity 2 customer, is my speed upon installation supposed to start out in the 60s-70s and then level out? Or do all Infinity 2 customers start out with Infinity 1 speed cap of 38 mbps for the first 10 days? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

if you are on infinity 2 you should be near your estimate figure from the start
rorz112
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

I chatted with customer service, and he told me that from his side it was showing that I have BT Inifity 1, so there definitely seems to be a network problem. He booked me an engineer appointment for Monday so hopefully they'll have it fixed. I don't think the speed cap has anything to do with the 10 day stabilization period, as many have received their estimated speed from day one. But it's still a bit confusing how I have the 20 mbps upload profile.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

As John has said you should have been nearer your estimate. Your present speed certainly is nearer Infinity 1 but as said your IP profile indicates Infinity 2. Your up speed is also above the 10Mbps cap on an Infiity 1 profile.

I am not sure why  BT is saying you are showing to be on Infinity 1 because as far as I am aware you would be unable to get above the cap if you were. I guess you will just need to wait to see if the engineer can sort it out.

0 Ratings
rorz112
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Re: New Home Hub 5 installed - My profile has been reset too low

Wow, isn't 16.5 line attenuation high? I didn't think you could achieve 70+ mbps with that.. How is it that my stats are:

8. Noise margin: 5.8 / 6.4
9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 14.8
10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 15.0

But my maximum wholesale speedtest download speed is 57 mbps (IP Profile 59 mbps) with data rates as follows:

6. Data rate: 16988 / 60770
7. Maximum data rate: 16973 / 60577

Sorry for barging on the thread, but Stoofa you got me curious that maybe I should be achieveing higher speeds? I actually was estimated 70-80 mbps at sign up. (My installation was 5 days ago and stats haven't changed since)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 20

Re: New Home Hub 5 installed - My profile has been reset too low

It depends how the attenuation is calculated. There are 3 or 4 bands for VDSL2 which have their own attenuation, the figure you see is some sort of average across the 3 or 4, so it's not that easy to compare.

Your connection speed could be reduced due to crosstalk which vectoring should help with if and when it's introduced.

Give your margin is below the target of 6 could mean you have a noisy line too.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star