cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: ORDI

Unless they are a business user, and had paid the very high installation and maintenance costs, then all they have is FTTC. They may have been sold that as "fibre", but its not an accurate description, its quite misleading.

FTTP on demand, is only a business product, but it still shows up on their page and yours.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Is it the same result if you use your neighbours address in the checker instead of phone number (click Address Checker) at the top of the page where you entered phone numbers)?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

I've tried their number and I could see that theirs is FTTP ON DEMAND.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

So please try their address instead.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

What town/city are you in?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

@bkehoe 

using the address in dslchecker is less accurate than using the most accurate phone number to show availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Yes, it's more accurate for xDSL estimates though in the case of FTTP I've come across several database errors in the past where usually the address checker is showing the correct info. Also, especially as the OP has already said that when he goes to the consumer facing fibre availability site that ultrafast shows as available when he puts in his neighbours details, it's well worth him checking this. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

@bkehoe  The DSL for the neighbour does not show WBC FTTP being available for the neighbour. The address checker would not change that. It is possible the neighbour has FTTP from a different provider hence asking for town/city they are in.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

@pippincp 

Looking at their results earlier, it looks like LD/Waterside.  Londonderry Waterside.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/exchanges/nildw

Openreach FTTP Keith_Beddoe_0-1607879743795.gif

enabled (not all premises may be able to get FTTP on the exchange)
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

@Keith_Beddoe  Thanks for that. N.I. FTTP deployment is different to the rest of the UK. Could the neighbours be with Fibrus or another  FTTP provider?

That said I've looked at this which suggests it may/should be available vis the Openreach network.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/04/openreach-confirm-12-new-uk-areas-for-fttp-ultrafast-b... 

0 Ratings