cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsks4
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Ongoing Infinity Connection issues

I was having problems with the router dropping connection constantly. Was diagnosed as a faulty router and had a replacement sent out. Now the replacement is dropping connection as well (wired and wireless) on a daily basis. I think the BT router is probably not tested enough and garbage. Not the only ones getting these problems. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
nsks4
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband Issues - Router ?

Hi,

It's not internal wiring. It's the router. I'm on my second one now and it's still happening to me. The house wiring is a new build with new sockets. The equipment I connect is the same as I used with a virgin router with zero problems for the last two year. BT just refuse to admit their router is garbage.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I have moved your post to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@nsks4

A virgin line is a cable connection, not an Openreach copper connection, so you cannot compare the two.

Please see your own thread.

0 Ratings
nsks4
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I'm aware of that thanks. My point is that I connect exactly the same devices to both routers and one drops constantly and one doesn't. Guess which one is the new BT router? Does this mean that the second router i have is now faulty as well? What the odds of that happening?

But according to the tests my line is 'stable' and my router is fine. So it's my devices then, yes? I'm connecting too many at once. My setup isn't correct. I need to separate the bandwidth (despite the fact that the router should already be able to cope with this). But wait the virgin router could cope with my connected devices. so that kind of narrow it down doesn't it.

You only have to look down the forum to see all the router dropping issues to see there's a problem with it. Keep on posting those phone socket pictures though and burying your head in the sand. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Then I suggest you wait for other forum members to respond.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Buy a decent third party router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
philiphedley
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem with mine. Works ok if I unplug my house phone... Not happy.

0 Ratings