cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John1672
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 45

Re: Ordering Full Fibre

I have just registered with this site to ask the same question. Openreach have installed and tested fibre to the lane (14 cottages) I have been with BT since time immemorial and would like to stay with them by placing an order for fibre to the premises (I can see the connection box only 50 feet way) Ever time I call BT to place an order I'm told it's not available to me. My next door neighbour ordered it from ZEN and one further up the lane from SSE only last week and today Openreach are installing their box to the outside of their homes. They cant do the internal install until lockdown is lifted which is understandable. What I cannot understand is can ZEN and SSE and probably others take orders and get Openreach to carry out the first fix when BT cant even confirm that it's available ? I wonder if I'm going crazy or is BT having a joke. Unless I hear from BT that they will take my order I'll be signing up with ZEN or An Other  for everything and BT will loose my not insignificant contract. Can anyone explain to me the reason or logic behind this crazy situation please ?

JPY

0 Ratings
44 REPLIES 44
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 45

@John1672 

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
John1672
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 45

How do I do that please ?
0 Ratings
John1672
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 45

I've done it now and I think the link states that it is available to me but BT continue to say it isn't. Crazy situation
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 45

@John1672 wrote:
How do I do that please ?

Enter your phone number into the form, then post the results on this thread, but make sure your phone number is not displayed here.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 45

@John1672 wrote:
I've done it now and I think the link states that it is available to me but BT continue to say it isn't. Crazy situation

Post the results here, however I do not think BT Retail are taking orders for fibre at the moment, as they cannot be fulfilled until Openreach can enter properties..

Make sure you are not confusing it with FTTPoD, which is only a business product.

0 Ratings
John1672
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 45

No! my neighbours are not business users and Openreach are at their homes NOW installing the 'first fix' of a box to their outside walls. Naturally they cant complete the inside fix until the lockdown is lifted. What I fail to understand is why ZEN can get Openreach to install the 'first fix' yet BT can't even confirm that it's available. I've just interrogated BT availability checker and it says that it is available to my telephone number ? I'm totally bewildered.

You rant the Keith that used to work for Honeywell are you ?

Cheers!

JPY 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 45

BT are not taking FTTP orders ATM. It is as simple as that.

Once Openreach start doing the FTTP installs you'll be able to order.

You could try the FTTP team and see if they will get the first fix done. 0800 587 4787

The connection box you can see, is it on a pole?

manifold-before.jpg

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 45

@John1672 wrote:

You  the Keith that used to work for Honeywell are you ?

Cheers!

JPY 

No.

0 Ratings
John1672
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 45

I'm looking out of my window directly at the box and Openreach vans have just left my neighbours having completed fitting the external box. They cant / wont fit the internal box until lockdown is lifted but BT wont even acknowledge that I am able to place an order with them - totally bonkers 

JPY

0 Ratings