cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re: Possible BT Infinity 1 congestion issues, No one fixing?

Hi, I’m having the same issue and I’ve been on to the online chat and tech support to a man that I can’t understand nor can he understand me and I’ve only just now come across this thread is there any chance I could get help?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

I moved your post to start your own thread as the other was almost a year old

can you post stats from your router

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results. Must be done with wired connection

can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

this may help. https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-for...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Here is the information from the dslchecker : Cabinet.png

Here is the information from a speedtest done in the morning, when the speeds are fine:

Speedtest Morning.jpg

Here is the further diagnostics from the morning:

Further Diagnostics Morning.jpg

As for my router I have the new BT Smart Hub and have not changed any of the settings, if there is any more info about the Hub I can provide, I would be happy to.

I will post results this evening to show what I believe to be congestion, I think that the cause may be my new neighbours that moved in recently as I believe the older woman that lived their before did not have broadband.

Thanks, Archie.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@Archiepearson200 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your connection, I've checked the congestion report and there is no mention of issues with your exchange.  

Are you connecting wirelessly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

post the stata from the hh6 - go to advanced settings then technical log

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I have been using a wired connection to the hub for all tests, and here is the information on the router:

Advanced.jpg

The connection has not yet deteriorated, it will within the next few hours in which i will see ~2mbps download or less, I will send another set of info when this occurs.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Here is a speedtest done at 4pm, the beginning of the deterioration of download speed - I should add that the upload speed stays perfectly fine :

4pm Speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 12

Unless you speed gets significantly lower don't do any more tests. Your last one is recorded by BTWholesale so they can see the problem.

Feel free if it does drop down to 2Mbps though.

@NeilO will most likely have another look at this for you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Ive done another speedtest as the internet is really deteriorating:

5pm Speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Archiepearson200,

Thanks for posting the speed test results. I'm assuming you've also completed the further diagnostic part of the test? Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings