Message 11 of 25

Re: Slow Broadband speeds and complaints to BT

or is this a wind up ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

Do you have a white Openreach modem in front of your home hub 5, or is it plugged straight into the phone socket?
0 Ratings
Davies54
Beginner
Message 13 of 25

Here it is again in case you missed it the first time Information for Helpdesk agents When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request. 1. Product name: BT Home Hub 2. Serial number: +068343+NQ41639821 3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/07/15 4. Board version: BT Hub 5A 5. WAN: PPP Connected 6. Data sent/received: 552.7 MB / 4.9 GB 7. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com 8. BT Wi-fi: Yes 9. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-ZX5C 10. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s)) 11. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2 12. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 13. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-ZX5C 14. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 15. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2 16. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 17. Firewall: Default 18. MAC Address: 40:f2:01:10:96:9a 19. Software variant: AA 20. Boot loader: 1.0.0 BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 10/07/15
0 Ratings
Davies54
Beginner
Message 14 of 25

white infinity before hub
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

Please see my question about the Openreach modem, as you will not be able to see the line connection information if you have one.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

Then the only way you are going to see the connection info, is to connect the HH5 directly into the phone socket, as the HH5 does not need the Openreach modem, as it has a VDSL modem built in. Just unplug the Openreach modem, and connect the DSL lead (RJ11) from the home hub, directly into the phone socket. If you have lost the DSL lead, then you may be able to use the one that goes into the modem, just disconnect it from the modem end, and plug the lead into the RJ11 socket on the home hub. The helpdesk page will then show all the connection information.
0 Ratings
Davies54
Beginner
Message 17 of 25

Not being funny but shouldnt an engineer be sorting this problem disconnecting equipment running tests anyone would have thought i should be on the pay role

Now that this is reported to BT im assuming theyre looking in to it or is this forum the only fault finding option ??

0 Ratings
Davies54
Beginner
Message 18 of 25

Just out of interest if my rate was capped would i be notified ??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

If you don't check that there are no problems with your own equipment, wiring and sockets etc after the BT master socket and it turns out that is where your problem lies you will be charge £130 so it is always best to carry out a few checks first.

See link about engineer charges 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-charges

0 Ratings
Davies54
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

But the BT Hub plugs straight in to the openreach box and the RJ45 to the laptop is direct in to that i have no extensions just straight to the main line jack and the speeds suddenly dropped so i would suggest BT get off their manipulation of performance stats and get out and do what theyre paid to do and provide a decent communications service and stop threatening customers with a fine if they guesstimate its not on the BT network

0 Ratings