cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simplesimonsays
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Re: TalkTalk Homesafe blocking websites on BT broadband

Amazing - this is happening even today -  over 4 years after it was first reported!!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 10

@Simplesimonsayswrote:
Amazing, this is still happening over 4 years from when it was first reported! BT helpline has no clue to how this can happen!

Huh ? If you read the post, the OP got it fixed, which was a wire at the cab/pcp, see below :

"After discussion over the phone an engineer was sent, who discovered that I was plugged into the wrong port in the green box at the end of the road. Now normal service has resumed with bt Internet."

So 4 years later it's not still happening, might be easier if you post exactly what issues you're having, you might get the help you want 🙂

Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

As you say, that post was 3 years ago
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Simplesimonsays
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Dave, the issue is this still happens after BT knowing about it for over 4 years (thought they were ISO9001 accredited) - and no one can help when calling BT! Things would be a lot tougher if it wasn't for forums.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

So just to confirm you are getting the same pop-up on your BT Broadband?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Simplesimonsays
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Yes
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@Simplesimonsays wrote:
Yes

If you are connected to your home BT Broadband now, can you see the image on this link logo

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

At a guess, I would say you cannot see that logo, as I can see a blocked access from a TalkTalk IP address.

Can you check your phone number is correct, by dialling 17070, and see if the number read out, matches your home number? Either that, then call your mobile and check the number displayed, or dial 150 and see if you get BT.

Are you on normal broadband or fibre broadband, as that will narrow down where the fault is likely to be?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 10

@Simplesimonsays I've started your own thread as the OP's issue was resolved after a fault was found with their connection in the cabinet.

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Simplesimonsays
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thank you for your suggestions. I am way at the moment and will try this as soon as I return.

Regards

0 Ratings