cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Throttling my "BT Infinity Unlimited" broadband

Hi,

Sorry to bump an old thread, by my download speeds have been shocking for a few days now. Was on 60+ meg when I joined (infinity 2) in June. Now, it's 0.3 meg according to this speed test:

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 21.02.42.png

Although BT wholesale say's it's 3+ meg (which I don't believe).

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 20.58.56.png

Can't stream TV or anything at this speed. Only one device attached to the network at once.

I've started a gladnost test (as I saw other people were doing the same). Will post back with the results.

Mods, any ideas on what I can do to bump it up again? Could you look into it please?

Thank you,

Brian

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Moved on to your own thread to get you answers specific to you because it is unlikely to be BT throttling your connection, more likely a fault somewhere.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

If you don't have a Homehub 5 please give details of what Homehub you are using.

Are you connecting by wire or wireless?

Your IP profile is still very good. Have you tried a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Factory reset might to have done the job. Speed has increased but I'm not sure it's as high as it should be. Here are the results you asked for, anything amiss?

bt1.png

bt2.png

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 5

Your stats indicate a download speed of 70.1Mbps and upload of 18.7 which is in range for an impacted line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

As you have not posted the gkasnost results I assume that they showed no restriction by your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings