cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott1965
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Two years of intermittent broadband faults

I have had a year with a shocking broadband service. I think I must have spent over 30 hours on hold to BT call centres. I have also had an engineer that didn't turn up. BT didn't have the good manners to call and tell me this, I had to call them to be told they didn't have enough engineers working that day and it was them who suggested the date and time.

Two subsequent engineers have said the problem is underground. Someome came out and had a look then went away, I was then imformed that they had dug up my street and sorted the fault. I don't know how this was done, nobody dug up our street. Today my wife got a call from an Indian call centre, the chap said the fault was sorted as the road had be dug up.She told the chap that wasn't the case, so he called her a liar. One department also told our dedicated fault handler that this had aslo been done.

This a shocking service and a shocking way to treat customers BT, but over the year I have come to expect this.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
onslow
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

@scott1965 wrote:
This a shocking service and a shocking way to treat customers BT, but over the year I have come to expect this.

Hear hear, Scott!   You're well within your rights to feel aggrieved; I would be spitting my teeth out, if I had any left.

It's BT's lack of investment that's the killer; we all feel your pain on that score.

You see, mate, BT should have sorted out your dickie line and thousands of others long ago. But instead it's been blowing our revenues on bleeding soccer broadcast rights and that old nonsense!

Up there in London, those BT bigwigs trying to be clever; trying to slide one into the net, past SkyTV and that old Murdoch fella; trying to beat them at their own bleeding game!  As you and I well know, that just can't be done.  And it's the likes of you and me who sadly pay the price with this third-world internet.

That's why the City is pleading for BT to be broken up. It pains me to say it, but we need to prise the Openreach infrastructure unit from the old bird's clutches.  She had a go at running the network but it just hasn't worked. Mark my words, Scott, it's going to take some beefy legislation to put things straight. The BT Group won't come quietly. But it must cough-up, and hand back the cash-cow (Openreach).  Settle for no less. Let's get Britain back on the information superhighway once again, Scott.

This from the Financial Times:

Bryce Elder, ft.com wrote:

A break-up call put BT Group in focus on Wednesday.

The regulator Ofcom should force BT to split its Openreach network arm from retail operations, argued Redburn. The group’s current UK monopoly has created a dysfunctional market of falling investment and poor broadband speeds, where BT spends more on football rights than it does on infrastructure, said analyst Nick Delfas.

Sports rights bidding has been funded by Openreach, which generates £1.5bn of operating free cash flow and gets about £400m of public money each year, Redburn said. At the same time, BT’s capital expenditure has fallen every year since 2008 and customer line rental has been rising at 10 per cent annually, the broker said.

“Bundling sports content with broadband is a cheaper way for BT to retain customers than investing in the network and it can use the Openreach cash flow as a buffer for any losses,” Mr Delfas said. He argues that breaking up BT would help to create a simpler market that would spur competition.

0 Ratings
scott1965
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Gosh, BT can't even reply on here and it is their Community Forum. It really is a pathetic service I and many thousand other customers are getting from BT. I think it is about time Ofcom started hurting them where it hurts, fine them and cut their profits. The Shareholders won't be long in creating a fuss when their dividend goes down.

Golly gosh, I have just had a phone call to tell me that work has been carried out to repair my fault, engineers have replaced overhead cables. They are magicians, there are NO overhead cables on our estate, good eh
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@scott1965 wrote:

They are magicians, there are NO overhead cables on our estate, good eh

Of course there are, they are the new sooper dooper invisible fibre optic cables, that's why you haven't noticed them! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
scott1965
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I can't wait for the postman to come on Monday as he will be delivering an anniversary card from BT, it will be a year since I first reported this fault. I better go and buy a cake, but don't worry BT, I will send you a piece. I will save a slice with extra fudge.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
onslow
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@scott1965 wrote:
I think it is about time Ofcom started hurting them where it hurts, fine them and cut their profits. The Shareholders won't be long in creating a fuss when their dividend goes down.

Never mind the dividends;  let's get BT back where she belongs --- on the public books, where God intended.  Even drippy NuLab minister Stephen Byers managed to re-nationalise the rail network, and over a weekend, for chrissake!  Surely with the groundswell of public opinion behind us, Scott, we can restore BT Openreach to the glory she once enjoyed as the state-owned G.P.O.

0 Ratings