Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HansUK
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Two years of intermittent broadband faults

Go to solution

Nothing new, my broadband used to be terrible and years of calling their call centre in India did not get me anywhere. Out of luck i reached a helping hand over here ( 11/2013!!) and she got me BT Infinity and for 13 months no problems. But today(28/01/2015 !!! it has started again, first my Connection was slowed down from 72.48 Mb/s to just 50 Mb/s. So I decided to call and gues what, I reached India again and so far i had a slow connection and a phone. As soon I stopped speaking to those my phone line stopped working as well. I received a email stating it will be dealt with on the 03/02/15, 4 days after I reported the fault. .

I really thought BT is on the right course, how wrong I was indeed.

Recommendation, they now will never get of me and I cannot get out from the house as my wife is disabled and cannot call me!!

And of course the blame is always with their customer, like stating straight away it will cost me 126 pounds if it is inside my house, how thoughtfull when I am the main carer for my wife! And on top of it I was waiting for a call from Inland Revenue to sort our tax out and missed the call, as nobody redirected my calls to my mobile!!!!

BT Manager what have you got to answer this time???

If they fix it in time I of course will admit i was wrong, but cannot see that would ever happening.

J.W
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi HansUK,

I'm really sorry about the fault with your service and any inconvenience caused as a result of this.  Due to the nature in which telephone/broadband service is provided we can't guarantee a fault free service but we do try and resolve faults within 3 working days after they are reported to us.  

The charge mentioned is £129.99 and this only applies if the fault is found to be with your own equipment or extension wiring after the master socket if the problem is on our network there is no charge.

If you need any help please use the contact the mods link in my forum profile to send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
HansUK
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Smiley Frustrated

Speed has now dropped to 45 MBs/s, so really it is getting worse and without a house phone i cannot go out and have to rely on others to do my shopping. My wife cannot use mobile phones by the way!! 

J.W
0 Ratings
HansUK
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Now besides texting me and telling me that an engineer will arrive by Monday 02/02/2015, I had a nice surprise at 0925 hrs this morning. A BT Van pulled up and a lovely chap from BT broadband/Infinity team came and one hour later my phone and broadband were put back in Order and my wife can stay in peace at home knowing to get hold of me any time needed.

Must state, this chap has been a real saint for us and deserves more than a thank you. He not only has restored my faith in BT , but he went well over what was expected. He even told me it was not a fault in the property it was actually a fault 124 meters away from us in a street jucntion box from BT. He trusted my statement and never ever raised concern that i maybe wrong, not like those operators of your call centre in India !

BT Engineer you were today our Star in the show! many thanks from us down here in cardiff and hope that your employer will look after you just like you did for us!!!!!

Dear Forum Moderator, hopefully you can pass this on to the staff manager of Cardiff and give this engineer a real happy recommendation. My Wife is the happiest person again!!! Many thanks from us in cardiff.

J.W
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi HansUK,

That's great, I'm glad that it's been sorted. You can send a thank you message to the engineer using the link on this webpage

Openreach engineer visit

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
simoncraddock
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I have an engineer coming out Monday for the 3rd time in 12 months for a mysterious line fault and the task of jumping through hoops with BT Support who not only don't listen, they lie as well which just gets my back up.

My contract is up in May, BT Internet will not be getting repeat business. The Indian call centre should be shut down and brought back home.

0 Ratings
HansUK
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Agree on the indian call centre thingy. They should be shut down at once and reinstate our call centres in the UK. Jobs for us people at home abd it would make the visiting engineeers Job a hell of a lot easier. But please let us all remember, BT is only as good as their staff. The Engineer today saved my family and a lot of custom for BT. He was straight to the point and got the job done in next to nothing and made me proud of our own workforce!! But the call centre is the first point of contact for a lot of customers and BT there you failed big time!! It is not the fault of the call centre but by the bookkeepers demanding getting the cost down. A worker in india is 10 times or more cheaper than over hear and they have been put in a position they cannot get right.

BT listen to your customers and get the call centres back here .

J.W
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9
Moved:

Go to solution