Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sfalfadude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

Re: Ultrafast 1 not meeting guarantee

I am in the Maidenhead area and was told how lucky I am to be in an area that can have Ultrafast Fibre, I fell for it hook line and sinker - "sign me up!"

I have had the Ultrafast Fibre installed a month ago and I have been hugely dissapointed and even more frustrated and increasingly angry with things when trying to get in touch with BT and get it fixed/improved - the BT Customer Service and support technologies are so siloed and disjointed, it's absolutely shocking, I feel for their staff who just dont have the knowledge or access to the right teams or systems to actually get things fixed.

100Mbps guarantee (& a supposed £20 back if they dont hit this, which I certainly have not been offered or seen) is frankly a complete joke.  This first full month my sync speed at least for 50-60% of the time since I had it installed on my BT Smart Hub2/Router is sync'd below 100Mbps (typically between 70-85Mbps).

It's really depressing and I just can't understand why BT can't get this right, come on BT sort it out.

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
sfalfadude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 46

Can you tell me where and how you access the menu with Noice volume/levels please?

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Try 192.168.1.254 in browser. password on router.

Ed. Advanced setting

then Information.

What router? Iv'e not read whole thread. I'm lazy

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 46

Welcome to this user forum. @sfalfadude 

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

Also see http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/%7E/your-line-speed-explained

sfalfadude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 46

Thanks.  Do you know if a Noise Margin of 4.1/12.4  acceptable? Line and Signal Attenuation are both at 0.0/40.9.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 46

@sfalfadude wrote:

Thanks.  Do you know if a Noise Margin of 4.1/12.4  acceptable? Line and Signal Attenuation are both at 0.0/40.9.

What is the actual connection speed, can you please show the whole information, as it will help forum members.

0 Ratings
sfalfadude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 46

Screenshot_2019-04-30 Technical log.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 46

Why is the connection time only showing 1 hour and 11 minutes if you have been connected for a month now?

Have you been restarting or disconnecting the home hub, as that would cause the speed to drop, and the downstream noise margin to increase, as the DLM (Dynamic Line Management) will see that as a possible line fault?

0 Ratings
sfalfadude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 46

It has been restarted this morning.  Despite leaving it switched for the majority of the month there seems to also be numerous times where the network drops out as well and the sycn speed varies.

I will make sure that 100% it's left on and see what sync speeds its gets over the next 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 46

@sfalfadude wrote:

It has been restarted this morning.  Despite leaving it switched for the majority of the month there seems to also be numerous times where the network drops out as well and the sycn speed varies.

I will make sure that 100% it's left on and see what sync speeds its gets over the next 2 weeks.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

You must leave it on all the time, so the connection stabilises.

0 Ratings