cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Re: Unstable Connection and Repeated Dropouts

I've had a similar problem with my internet, I moved to my new address in July 16 with no apparent issues (all working as expected) but when the end of September can that's when it all failed. Now my internet continues to disconnect intermittently. I have the infinity 1 package my download speed is good at 32 Mbps out of a possiable 38 but my upload sits at a terrible 0.48 Mbps when someone phones the house the internet goes down guaranteed, I have bt tv of which it's impossible to watch, Xbox live Is pointless and so is my pic, I often find myself turning my wifi off on my phone to browse.
I've phoned by maybe 50 ish times about this they do checks and have said multiple things, so I've ended up with a new router, the problems outside your house wait 72 hours (with no charge) and two engineers visits because was told the problem is in my house (both of them said it's not in here) I'm at my wits end with this and need help as phoning doesn't work. So please please help.
Regards Alex
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Where is the BT Home hub plugged in?

0 Ratings
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

It is the forth picture (up and under) I did the test and on this occasion it was quite but generally it sounds like waves crashing and very crackly.

regards

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 10

You need to report a line fault, no mention of broadband. Once the line issue is resolved then your internet should be OK.

0 Ratings
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your response, I have done that to no avail, you've even said I need to buy a new but just to trial there theory I simply unplugged it from the socket as well as the two devices I have plugged into as wired ( Ethernet ) but didn't make any difference.
Regards
0 Ratings
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Sorry they've no you've as in BT
0 Ratings
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Jesus I need to go back to school lol
A new phone is what I was told I needed sorry about that
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

you need to phone BT Faults on 151 and report a noisy line with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

you need an engineer visit to fix your problem
0 Ratings
Allymo187
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

I've had two engineers come to my house and both said there's no errors in the house and both said that check the box at the end of the road, nether returned. When I phoned to get answers about what was found or what to do now they had no comments about the engineers that visited. I tried phoning BT to speak to them about a line fault but they can't speak with me apparently as the case has been upped to a level three status which I was told it's the highest level. So I've got to wait 72 hours for them to ring and hopefully I'll get the be able to live again.
Thank you all for your comments I'll return with what's said.
Regards Alex
0 Ratings