cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul2012
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Re: Upgraded to BT Fibre plus now speed has been reduced

I have the axact same problem. Previously on BT infinity 1. Last November given a speed boost from then my connection speed was 69.32 Mbps.  As of 26 September I've upgraded to BT Superfast Fibre plus, now my speed is a poor 37 Mbps.

Been like this for more than a week now.  No one from BT will explain why my connection speed has been reduced by 1/2

When you upgrade it costs more but you expect an increase in broadband speed.

In this case upgrade & your speed is reduced by 1/2.  At 37mbps is no where near the "CLAIMED" average speed of 67 Mbps as "ADVERTISED"

We have Superfast fibre PLUS !! - Not Superfast fibre essential 

We are not getting the service we are paying for !!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Paul2012
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

2a.jpg2b.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

I moved your post as problem not same and best with own thread

can you post stats from hub and also enter phone number and post results  remember delete number   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

I have see one similar recently and need mods help - see what hub and dslchecker results are

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul2012
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Previously at 69 Mbps as from Novemeber 2017 (Speed Boost), Fault with landline in July 2018 (couldn't make or receive calls - no dial tone although broadband was still running) fault fixed speed dropped to 54 Mbps (loss of speed boost) Assured by BT it would be reinstated. Upgraded fromt BT Infinity 1 to Superfast Fibre PLUS. Checked speed, further reduced to 37 Mbps. BT engineer has been out on Sept 27th as fault had been identified on line & reinstate speed boost. Then informed engineer couldn't fix fault & identified another one ???

As of this morning connection speed is 37.1 / 6.52 Mbps

2b.jpg1c.jpg2b.jpghub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

can you post stats from your router   if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul2012
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

The change in package has removed G.INP from your connection and provided you can maintain a stable connection the DLM should again activate G.INP  with noise margin dropping to about 3db which will improve your connection speed.  This could take 10/14 days stable connection 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RoyMS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

I have had a similar speed reduction problem to this after my upgrade to BT Fibre Plus last month and have been reading these expert responses to similar cases. I had not realised that it was necessary to have the Hub on for the entire 10 days. I had my Hub on for about 8 days (with no speed improvement), but unfortunately today I unpowered it. So I will have to begin the full 10 day cycle again (similar to the original poster here).

Only then, I assume, will it be clear whether I should contact a BT engineer or post the stats on a (new) thread here?

Incidentally what is G.INP - is this a system which superspeeds the line automatically?

0 Ratings
Paul2012
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Well left it for a few days & now it's even worse !!

ok.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

can you post new stats from your hub please

your down profile on btspeedtester is 'odd'

0 Ratings